Author Topic: BOSE L1 pro 8 for Genos ?  (Read 3958 times)

Offline tyros2009

BOSE L1 pro 8 for Genos ?
« on: January 13, 2022, 06:03:11 PM »
Has anyone use BOSE L1 pro 8 for Genos ? I like to hear your experiences as I plan to buy one for mine.
Currently, I am using a Yamaha powered mixer with two Yamaha speakers. This system sounds very good on my Tyros3, but it is quite heavy to move it around for gigs. So, the BOSE L1 pro 8 seems to fit my needs, pending inputs from Genos owners who already use it.
Thanks in advance.

Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Offline Toril S

Re: BOSE L1 pro 8 for Genos ?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:12:52 PM »
I use the former model Bose L1 compact. The 8 pro is even better, so it would sound great.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Pjtyros

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 08:10:49 PM »
I use the L1 pro8 with my PSR SX900 and it sounds great, but remember the pro8 is mono so you will loose the stereo sound field.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 09:38:51 PM »
That is what I was thinking pjtros
We need to keep in mind that two speakers are needed if we want to to hear the full range from the keyboard, That goes with any stereo system
Adrian
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 09:40:23 PM by adrianed »

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 10:30:37 PM »
Hi all,

A single Bose column system already sounds better than one conventional speaker cabinet (mono operation). This is partly due to the special arrangement of the speakers and the very large horizontal radiation angle (almost 180 degrees) of Bose column systems.

However, the use of TWO speakers in connection with a stereo keyboard is ideal. I use two Bose "L1 model 2" systems, each with a B2 bass module. I only play with just one Bose system if there is very little space available to set it up.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 12:56:33 AM »
I finally bought a Bose L1 PRO8 system, tested with my Genos and Tyros3.
The sound is great, a bit on a warm side while my old Yamaha system has 3 EQ knobs for each channel (all stereos). This Bose system requires one simple user setting for its instrument input (just set to LIVE mode).
And the good part is it easily portable, the downside is it's MONO, need two to have STEREO as most have mentioned above.
I use a MacKie mixer (12 channel with FX) so I can connect microphones, guitars, keyboards.
The two MIC inputs of the Bose work great but I do not use them as I have the mixer. It's easier to set EQ , volume, FX using the MacKie than having to bend down on the Bose.
For gigs that requires only one keyboard and upto two MIC, the BOSE is sufficient.

Feedback cancelation: this BOSE system has some feedback cancellation feature for microphones. However, this cancellation feature produce distorted sound when feedback occurs. By not putting the MIC in front of the speaker, the problem goes away.

Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 09:48:35 AM »
I'm kind of with you on this one Chris.  I use a single L1 model 2 with a pair of B2 bass modules.  I've been using it for 15 years now and gave up with 'Stereo' as the sound is so good from the single Bose L1.  For smaller venues I used 2 Compacts but gave this up too and now use only one as I don't think the 'stereo' makes a huge difference if it's a quality system.

Vic

Offline JohnH

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2022, 01:32:19 PM »
Went from BoseLT1 compact-- which i had for 10 years--Dec 2021 bought Bose L1pro8----quality of sound for the instruments, horn, piano, etc much better    they gave me $400 for my old Bose -- i paid $807 incl tax for the pro8---well worth it----i use the  EQGOLD set up--had to do some tweaking, but it's worth the price-----ENJOY your music-----John Heim