Author Topic: Psr - ew410 database  (Read 1489 times)

Peter0303

Psr - ew410 database
« on: January 13, 2022, 12:05:49 PM »
Hi,
When I'm looking for a specific voice (or style) I have to scroll the whole list to find that voice. (or style)
I'm wondering if there is a database wich contains every voice/style.
I know I can find it on the display of the keyboard but when i'm looking for the voice of a Bügel (Flugelhorn? ), shoot me if I know which number that is.

Also the description of the voices/styles isn't great on the display.

So concrete: Where can I find (or link) for that database. I'll translate it, set it up for Excell and print it.

Thanx in advance

Peter (Netherlands)

Offline johan

Re: Psr - ew410 database
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 06:13:57 PM »
You can download the data list from yamaha's website and then use a pdf reader to search for styles/voices. You can also copy paste the voice or style list into Excel but it needs some manual cleaning affterwards (I did it for the voices of the E463).
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline SciNote

Re: Psr - ew410 database
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 01:25:51 AM »
Also keep in mind that the voices and styles are arranged together in groups that are printed on the front panel of the keyboard.  So, for the Flugelhorn, if it is available on this keyboard, you would just go to the brass or horn section (not sure how they're labeled on that keyboard) by just entering the voice number for the first voice of that section, as listed on the front panel, and then scrolling down from that point, so that you don't have to start at voice 001 and go all the way through them.  And if it's like my PSR-E433, when you have the voice number as the parameter on the display that you're changing, you can then use the FUNCTION + and - keys, and that will jump you to the first voice of each of those sections listed on the front panel.

With that said, I don't believe this works for the XG-lite voices, as I think they are all grouped together as just one giant category of "XG-Lite", and there are hundreds of those voices.  But even there (again, at least on my keyboard), they are arranged logically, even if they don't break down the XG-lite categories on the front panel list.  For example, I've found that all of the XG-Lite organs are grouped together, and all of the XG-Lite brass are grouped together, and all of the XG-Lite synth sounds are grouped together, and so on.  So, once you find the general category of instruments you're looking for in the XG-Lite section, then the particular instrument should be, numerically, in that same area, if it is available on the keyboard.  So, in general, you're not going to find a Flugelhorn stuck in the middle of a bunch of pianos or guitars.  It would be where the rest of the brass and horn instruments are.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 01:30:20 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios