Author Topic: Wanted Butter Strings.VCE  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Graham UK

Wanted Butter Strings.VCE
« on: January 13, 2022, 10:45:29 AM »
Can someone please supply Butter Strings.vce
There are a number of vce's on PSRtutorial but none contain Butter Strings.

Edit: Topic Title edited by Roger Brenizer
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:45:30 PM by Roger Brenizer »
DGX670

Re: Wanter Butter Strings.VCE
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:03:53 AM »
Hello Graham,
under the following link you can find my T5 ButterStrings-VCE:

https://mega.nz/file/uVpkUKwA#LJgoov1fIKqQBitluELtNz-B8c4r2xjZTFvnj2-AU_0

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, Dave Shively, Arnie

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 11:08:40 AM »
Graham,

There is already a voice called 'ButterStrings' on your DGX-670 (MSB:LSB:PC 104:002:051).

You will find it in the 'Synth & Pad' voice category.  It is listed in the 'Data List' at position 18 of this category, so presumably it is displayed on Page 3 (P3) of the voice selection display.

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 12:29:33 PM »
Ian. Thank you. I did think my DGX670 flashed Butter Strings to me at some point but not thought of looking in PADS afterall they are strings !!!
It's a good option to layer with CFX.

It's nice to see more player with DGX670...I'm liking mine more each day.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 05:10:34 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 12:31:13 PM »
wersianer. Excellent Appreciated.
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 07:05:29 PM »
Hi
I saw that it was on the TXZ81
So this is an fm sound whch should be easy to find.
If you have a computer ,there is a free vst which is fantastic Ichiro Toda SYNTH 1 version 1.12.
This is a FMSynth plugin and you can get thousands of sounds for it, like the M1 synth.
If you like those old fm sounds you could purchase a second hand Yamaha TQ5 expander on Ebay but there is also a FM pack you can buy from Easysounds.

All the best
john :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 11:09:01 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 07:26:13 PM »
Can someone please supply Butter Strings.vce
There are a number of vce's on PSRtutorial but none contain Butter Strings.

Hi Graham,

You asked about the voice "ButterStrings" in September 2020. At that time I had already written that this Voice (on the Tyros5) can be found in the Voice Category "Pad":  ;)
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,56837.msg442074.html#msg442074

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline SciNote

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 01:10:45 AM »
I remember seeing that name for a sound -- "butter strings" -- years ago when I was playing around with a Yamaha keyboard in a music store.  Not sure which one it was -- likely either a PSR-S650 or an MM6.  But I remember that it sounded like a basic string sound with a phase shifter effect added, as it had sounded very similar to a sound I had generated that way on a PSR-520 that I used to have a long time ago.  So, for people who want this sound but my not have it directly on their keyboard, if you have a string sound and DSP with phase shifter, you should be able to get it -- or at lease something very close -- that way.  This assumes, of course, that "butter strings" is still the same type of sound I heard back then.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 09:35:02 AM »
Chris (overover) You asked about the voice "ButterStrings" in September 2020.

Chris. If you managed to get to 84 years I just hope your memory is better than mine ?.
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 01:01:21 PM »
Chris. If you managed to get to 84 years I just hope your memory is better than mine ?.

No problem, Graham! :)

Even I already realize that my brain is not as good as it used to (although I'm about 25 years younger so you are) ...

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline Joe H

Re: Wanted Butter Strings.VCE
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2022, 05:49:52 AM »
FYI..  .Vce files do not contain any sound.  They are small MIDI files that set up different parameters (variations) for the Voice that is loaded.  The way our keyboards work is like this:   

1. Select a Voice
2. It loads
3. The vce. file then loads and modifies the Voice.

When we create a "User Voice" we are modifying how the Voice will sound.  We can look at a Voice Set file by pressing EDIT when a Voice selected.  There are a number of parameters that can be modified.  When we edit a expansion pack Voice in YEM, the COMMON parameters become the Voice Set file when we load the expansion pack into the keyboard.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html