Author Topic: Installed Gotek Emulator PSR 9000  (Read 3648 times)

Gemor

Installed Gotek Emulator PSR 9000
« on: January 13, 2022, 05:05:27 AM »
i have installed a Gotek USB emulator on my keyboard. The lights for the floppy numbers show 0  .0. Would I be correct that this unit is defective and needs to be returned? I think if I plugged the power wrong it wouldn't show
anything. I tried to add a pic but it was too large.  George

Offline danand

Re: Installed Gotek Emulator PSR 9000
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 09:12:47 AM »
Unfortunately Gotek USB emulator is not 100% compatible with PSR-9000 floppy disk.
Probably your Gotek USB emulator is fine and you don't need a new one.
I install mine a few years ago and I don't remember exactly the processes and the mods.
From what I remember, my technician had to add a switch to the Gotek, since the way the PSR-9000 recognize the floppy disk drive is quite different from the rest machines.
I can't help more but I remember that we find the information and some wiring schemes on the internet.
So if you perform an extensive search you will be able to find the same schemes.
In any case mine never work 100%. I was unable to access more than 1 floppy disk partitions on my USB. It was a quite frustrate experience but since I was unable to find more floppy disks it was the only solution.

Gemor

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 05:25:08 PM »
Thank you for your response. The unit they sent me was an "improved" model. I have since returned it because of the lights situation. If I buy something new I expect it to work as such. The unit itself did work though. I have ordered another from a different source this time .  George

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 07:44:15 PM »
Hi Gemor,

There are various threads in the forum regarding such floppy drive to USB emulators. You could use the search function of the forum.

The following post may also help you:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,57332.msg445306.html#msg445306

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)