Author Topic: Delete drum instruments on psr-sx900  (Read 1608 times)

Howard Bodanske

Delete drum instruments on psr-sx900
« on: January 13, 2022, 04:43:14 AM »
Is there a way to delete a drum instrument or change to a different instrument in the PSR-SX900? For instance, if I don't like the Hi-Hat or crash symbol can I delete it or change to another instrument?

Offline overover

Re: Delete drum instruments on psr-sx900
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 05:41:24 AM »
Hi Howard,

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

When it comes to STYLES you can do this in "Drum Setup" (touch "Menu > Style Creator > tab Rec Channel > Drum Setup"). When you have finished, re-save the Style with a new file name in the User drive or on a USB stick.

Please refer also to pages 30/31 in the SX700 Reference Manual that you can download here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/downloads.html#product-tabs

P.S.
If you have not yet updated your SX700 to the current Firmware version 1.10, you can also download the update from the linked site.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Divemaster

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 12:21:31 PM »
You must be the same as me Howard.

The one instrument that often wrecks a piece for me is the drum with its incessant banging, so thanks for this post.

Howard Bodanske

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 08:22:03 PM »
Thank you Chris for the information. It took me a while to figure out what I was doing once on the edit page, but I think I've got it. I got my PSR-SX900 3 weeks ago and I did update to the 1.0  OS. Thank you for the suggestion. This forum is great and I'm sure I will be using it a lot. Thanks again.

Howard

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 09:19:03 PM »
Thank you Chris for the information. It took me a while to figure out what I was doing once on the edit page, but I think I've got it. I got my PSR-SX900 3 weeks ago and I did update to the 1.0  OS. Thank you for the suggestion. This forum is great and I'm sure I will be using it a lot. Thanks again.

Howard

You're welcome, Howard! :)

Thanks also for the kind words about the forum.

P.S.
The current SX900 firmware version is 1.10. You probably have this installed. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:24:51 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Howard Bodanske

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 10:12:40 PM »
Chris, Yes I have the 1.10 version. I just checked. Thanks for catching my mistake.

Howard