Author Topic: Yamaha tyros5 expansion problem  (Read 1324 times)

radek1989

Yamaha tyros5 expansion problem
« on: January 11, 2022, 10:31:29 PM »
Hi i have Yamaha tyros5  i have installed the Yamaha expansion module but the when i pres expansion user  button  a go to hdmi and there should be folder name expansion but its not there  its empty also if i want to create folder abd name it expansion message comes up  THIS DESTINATION CONTAINS NAME EXPANSION

But nothing is there and i cant locate my pack

Online overover

Re: Yamaha tyros5 expansion problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 05:09:13 AM »
Hi radek1989,

first of all, welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

Installing the Expansion Memory Module does not change the file system of the Tyros5. Only during the first Pack Installation the "Expansion" folder is automatically created on the Tyros5 hard disk "HD1" and subfolders with the names of the currently installed packs. (The system does not allow you to manually create a folder named "Expansion" in "HD1")

So if you have ...

- exported the Tyros5 Instrument Info file (.n27) to an USB stick,
- imported the Instrument Info file into the Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) as Install Target,
- imported the desired expansion packs (.cpf or .ppf) into YEM (or created your own packs in YEM),
- selected the desired content (or whole packs) in YEM,
- saved the Pack Install File (.cpi or .ppi) to a USB stick
- and then installed this file on the Tyros5 via "Pack Installation" function ...

... you will find the "Expansion" folder on the Tyros5 hard drive. It is located in the tab (drive) "HD1" at the top of the display page 1 (P1), visible in each File Selection display.

Note: Each File Selection display is filtered by file type. If you call the "Expansion" folder through the VOICE category button "Expansion", you will only see the expansion Voices in the relevant subfolders with the names of the installed packs.

To see the Styles contained in the packs, you must first open the Style Selection display (e.g., by pressing the display button "D" in the Main display). There you go to the tab "HD1", then to the "Expansion" folder and finally to the desired subfolder.

To see the Registration Bank files included in the packs, you first open the Registration Bank Selection display (press "J" Button in the Main display or press both "Regist Bank -/+" buttons at the same time, and then go to the "Expansion" folder.

Analogously, you'll go to call Multi Pads or MIDI song files contained in the packs. So you always have to use the correct File Selection display.

If you have further questions, just come back here!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 06:40:53 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer