Author Topic: Keyboard Covers  (Read 1895 times)

Divemaster

Keyboard Covers
« on: January 10, 2022, 11:41:57 AM »
I've put this is the general Yamaha keyboard section, and it's directed mainly at UK users, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.

Does ANYONE in the UK make Keyboard Covers with graphics.  A bit like some of the laptop covers produced these days.

i want a cover for my shiny new PSR-SX700, but trawling through the internet, i have to say I've never seen such a boring selection.
They're either Jet black with yamaha logos, or stamped with a music companies name.

I'm after something BRIGHT....Maybe with some Cartoon type notes, keys. Treble Clef signs, and my name on it.

I KNOW it's only to cover the keyboard when I'm not playing it.......but does ANYONE make colourful, bright eye catching keyboard covers, or are we all doomed to boring black !

I tell you, IF I wasn't the age that I am, I would actually start to produce some, because there is definitely a great big hole in the market for these in my opinion.

Thanks for any ideas.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:43:13 AM by Divemaster »

Offline MikeS

Re: Keyboard Covers
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 02:44:42 PM »

Offline Bill

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 03:54:02 PM »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 05:43:46 PM »
Thanks Mike S.. Yes I've seen that one for sale on Amazon UK, but it's a pretty generic one size fits all thing with a drawstring.
Looking at it, it's pretty poor quality.  I think it would look quite baggy on the SX700.

Bill.  Again Thank you.  But these are the sort I was describing. Black and SO boring....no offence... I have no doubt that they are good quality, but I'm looking for something a bit more colourful and up to date that can have custom graphics put onto it, and nobody seems to do them....I can hardly believe it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 05:47:23 PM by Divemaster »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 05:53:22 PM »
What about companies that print on T-shirts? Make a graphic file on your computer with desired pattern, them send the file and the boring jlack cover to them for printing it on! The only problem s that those covers sually come in synthetic materials, so not sure how the print will hold. Maybe worth trying?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Divemaster

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 11:04:08 AM »
I've got my daughter on board with this. She has a Cricut Maker machine, that will cut vinyl, so possibly she will be able to make something up for me if I get her a plain cover of the correct size to fit my SX700

There are numerous grades of vinyl, some are removeable, others not, and some are for use on vehicles that, once stuck, don't come off, similar to what a lot of signwriters use. These vinyls don't need any heat process to fix them. Unfortunately the heat presses that are used in T shirt production won't be kind to vinyl or certain other materials. So I need to research materials first

Watch this space, because I intend to make a lot of enquiries ref this subject...

Offline MikeS

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 12:02:18 PM »
This company will do custom orders for any keyboard:

"– music stand cut out
– your logo or own text

If your keyboard model is not listed in our store, please make a CUSTOM MADE order or send us an inquiry which includes manufacturer, model, and dimensions; also do not forget to enclose your contact information."

https://viktoryshop.com/product/yamaha-psr-s-700-61-keyboard-cover-by-viktory/

Divemaster

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 10:33:33 AM »
Thanks again MikeS

Yeah I've already been in touch with these people.
All they can offer to put on the cover is TEXT unfortunately.

Nobody, but nobody does graphics? I am in touch currently with a graphics design company who are interested in this....Watch this space.