Author Topic: Problems again loading DGX670 Bonus-PlayList  (Read 4549 times)

Offline Graham UK

Problems again loading DGX670 Bonus-PlayList
« on: January 06, 2022, 11:57:26 PM »
Problems again loading DGX670 Bonus-PlayList, followed through the ReadMe File a number of times,
PlayList gets me as far as all 16 folders are shown but by selecting any one of them none will open which would normally show the list of song names.

My solution is to copy all 16 RGT folders from the Bonus PlayList & Paste back onto the USB. Now by pressing BANK displays all 16 folders which enables me to open any category (AllTimeHits - Ballads Etc:) RGT's to play.
DGX670

Offline Bill

Re: Problems again loading DGX670 Bonus-PlayList
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 10:42:53 AM »
Hi Graham

Unless you modify each of the 16 playlists they will not work from anywhere but the USB1 root directory.  (As it clearly states in the read me file).

To modify the playlist: see any of the hundreds of threads on this forum by searching for PLAYLISTS.

If I were you I would simply load each of the playlist in turn, then use the Import feature to link the Registrations from the new location on the Keyboard. Make sure you navigate to the Keyboard memory not the USB Stick. Once done resave the Playlist.

See page 84 of the user manual.

Regards

Bill

Readme File / Bonus Playlist for DGX-670
(1) Files

DGX-670 Playlist (folder) : YES
    ReadMe File (.txt) : YES

(2) How to use Bonus Playlist File
    1. Unzip the download files using preferred computer program.
    2. Copy "DGX-670 Playlist" folder onto root folder of USB storage device.
    3. Connect your USB storage device to the USB TO DEVICE termial
    4. Call up Playlist function by pressing [PLAYLIST] button.
    5. Choose the Playlist you want to play by choosing Option -> Select&Save -> Preset -> User -> USB -> DGX-670 Playlist -> folder of your choice -> Playlist file inside the folder.
    6. Push [PLAYLIST] button again, and you can see the playlist of your choice.
    7. If you choose the Playlist Record and push [ENTER] button, DGX-670 is ready to play.
    8. Each Playlist Record contains several Registration data to play the song.

(3) Notice
    -Make sure you copy "DGX-670 Playlist" folder onto your root folder of USB storage device.
    -Make sure no other USB storage device is connected to DGX-670.
    -If you change the name of files/folders, Playlist will not work.

-If Adaptive style is selected, it is recommended to turn Adaptive OFF by choosing Function -> Style Setting -> Adaptive -> Adaptive Style switch.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 11:23:21 AM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 11:26:53 AM »
Bill. If you re-Read my article it states I'm talking about BonusPlayList as per downloaded from Yamaha with no changes made and the README file was followed.

Re USB. The DGX670 only has one USB for data.
The USB on the rear is to Computer.

The OS on the DGX is completally different from the normal Yamaha keyboards OS we are used to.
DGX670

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 11:43:03 AM »
Hi Graham

I can only presume that you did not put the playlist folder onto the root directory, or during the transfer the folder name has become corrupted (changed).  When you copy it back to the USB it actually puts it in the correct place.

Bill
England

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 11:44:57 AM »
Bill. If you re-Read my article it states I'm talking about BonusPlayList as per downloaded from Yamaha with no changes made and the README file was followed.

Re USB. The DGX670 only has one USB for data.
The USB on the rear is to Computer.

The OS on the DGX is completally different from the normal Yamaha keyboards OS we are used to.

Did you copy the playlist to the root of the USB?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 12:57:23 PM »
Bill. Apart from the complicated OS Menu the DGX670 is very good. Excellent Key-Bed and Voice quality and good value from Yamaha.

I do wonder what substance the R&D department were on when the OS was designed...Ha!!!!

Fred YES!!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 01:00:08 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Online frozzers

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 02:48:27 PM »
Graham

When I press the Playlist button, the internal Playlist appears.

I now have 2 choices to bring up the 16 Bonus Playlists on the USB:

A. Use Direct Access

1. Press Direct Access/Playlist
2. Navigate with the Tab buttons to the USB drive
3. Select 'DGX-670 Playlist'
4. Select a Playlist of choice eg 'AllTimeHits' - this then is highlighted in yellow
5. Press Playlist and the 'AllTimeHits' are shown.

B. Use 'Option'

1. Press 'Option'
2. Press 'Select & Save'
3. Navigate with the Tab buttons to the USB drive
4. Select 'DGX-670 Playlist'
5. Select a Playlist of choice eg 'AllTimeHits' - this then is highlighted in yellow
6. Press Playlist and the 'AllTimeHits' are shown.

To select any other Playlist, I press the 'Up' arrow and this reveals the 16 Playlists.

Hopefully that should work for you.

Cheers

Chris

Offline Bill

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 03:02:12 PM »
Hi Graham

The only other point I can make is:  when you first put the playlists on the USB, did you have only the one (DGX-670 Playlist) or did you end up with 16 in the ROOT of the USB.

You should have one folder, with the 16 Genre folders INSIDE it.

You'll get there in the end.

One thing which Yamaha have made difficult is putting the actual playlists TSV Files inside each of the Genre Folders which means that you need to open up folders when selecting your playlists.  If you download the file that I have attached, you will see all 16 TSV Files inside a folder. Copy these 16 files directly into the "DGX-670 Playlist" Folder. This will make it much easier.

https://app.box.com/s/9ajgqx7aspyvo7muynalw9dfzvs0nan5

Regards

Bill
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 03:46:15 PM by Bill »
England

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 04:32:09 PM »
Bill. Appreciated...I had already copied the TSV's over 2 weeks ago at Chris (overover) recomendation.
DGX670

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 04:38:39 PM »
Chris (frozzers). It's so nice to get replies from a player who has the DGX because most other Yamaha owners don't understand that the DGX OS is a different beast.
Already used your option TWO but had not thought about your option ONE Direct Access so thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Option TWO did give me and shows all 16 listing but when selecting any of them none would open to show the suggested song names.
I will try your Direct Access option ONE.

As already stated just putting all 16 folders on a USB does enable me to open any of the RGT's as required.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 04:55:23 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline Bill

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 04:55:44 PM »

It's so nice to get replies from a player who has the DGX because most other Yamaha owners don't understand that the DGX OS is a different beast.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 08:52:56 PM by Bill »
England

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 06:14:04 PM »
As already stated just putting all 16 folders on a USB does enable me to open any of the RGT's as required.

Yes, the OS is different from other keyboards, but the Playlist organization isn't. Setting up a Yamaha playlist is the same regardless of the playlist.

As has been stated, when you move RGT's around, the Playlist loses the link to them.

You need to copy the entire unzipped folder, including all subfolders, exactly as structured in the zip file. On a Windows computer, I simply drag the top level folder to the root directory of the USB. Windows unzips everything, and copies all the files. Hopefully, it's a similar procedure on a Mac.

I have a video on how to set up Yamaha playlists (link in my signature).

Cheers,
Fred

Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2022, 09:45:11 AM »
Thank you for all replies...I now have it sorted after a Factory Reset.
The DGX much have had one of my Senior Moments ?.
DGX670

Offline rwy123

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2022, 03:01:39 PM »
Hi all:

Just a quick one: can I load the DGX670 bonus playlist to DGX660?

Thanks
Ric
Current keyboards: PSR-S670/DGX-660/EX7;
Past keyboard: Yamaha PSR-E233, Medeli A2000 (AKX10)

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2022, 04:40:01 PM »
Hi all:

Just a quick one: can I load the DGX670 bonus playlist to DGX660?

Thanks
Ric

Hi Ric,

Unfortunately this is NOT possible because the DGX-660 does not have a Playlist function. In addition, the DGX-660 has a completely different Registration Memory format (similar to the PSR-E models, all banks in a single "User" file). Therefore, unfortunately, you cannot do anything with the registrations (.rgt bank files) contained in the DGX-670 Bonus Playlist.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline rwy123

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 06:31:15 AM »
Hi Ric,

Unfortunately this is NOT possible because the DGX-660 does not have a Playlist function. In addition, the DGX-660 has a completely different Registration Memory format (similar to the PSR-E models, all banks in a single "User" file). Therefore, unfortunately, you cannot do anything with the registrations (.rgt bank files) contained in the DGX-670 Bonus Playlist.

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris!
Current keyboards: PSR-S670/DGX-660/EX7;
Past keyboard: Yamaha PSR-E233, Medeli A2000 (AKX10)