Author Topic: Premium Styles/Voices renamer  (Read 2757 times)

chopoland

Premium Styles/Voices renamer
« on: January 06, 2022, 02:47:43 PM »
Seeing that the Yamaha packages have been made free, I have proceeded to download it.

I have seen that there are many that contain and icons that do not follow the Tyros default pattern, (some put a number before the style and such).

Is there any program or way to change the names and icons so that they are in harmony with the ones that come on the keyboard?

Offline johan

Re: Premium Styles/Voices renamer
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 05:29:56 PM »
There is to my knowledge no program that does this in an automatic way. If you want to do it manually, here are some tips:
- you can rename the file names on a computer or on the keyboard (make a copy of the style since you cannot rename the style in expansion memory)
- you can easily change the icon on a computer: if you have a yamaha style named a.S123.sty and you want an expansion style b.S456.sty to have the same icon as the a file, then just rename the b file to b.S123.sty (the Sxxx/Txxx determines the icon that is shown on the keyboard). You can also change the icon in the midiplayer of Michael Bedesem (https://psrtutorial.com/MB/midiplayer.html)

For more info on the icons (and a complete overview of them), see following post:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43751.msg448009.html
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

chopoland

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 04:37:43 PM »
Thanks for the answer. By copying the styles, I know it can be done. My question is if it can be done with some program before introducing them to the keyboard with the voices, the sounds and even the name of the folder with which they are saved in the keyboard memory.

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 06:47:02 PM »
No Chopo, you cant edit The Style names in the Expansion packs and no program can do it.
Online Yamaha can do it before assembling the pack.

For sure you can make your own style base sorted and named like you want on usb stick….
Using the copy of the styles,

But the registrations included in the expansion packs won’t work if the source is renamed so Yamaha did well fixing it so it works ;-)

Pack installation >all definitions are working inside the pack and with using additional  presets

Greetings from Germany
Frank

Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

Offline johan

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 06:21:50 PM »
You can rename the styles on a pc and then unselect the standard styes of the expansion pack in YEM and add the renamed styles. If the pack contains registrations, you will indeed have to rework them as well (correct the style names in Yamaha Registration Manager or select the new named style on the keyboard and resave the registration). You can then "replace" the registrations in the pack via YEM in the same way as I explained for the styles.
SX700 and S670

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 07:37:52 PM »
You can rename the styles on a pc and then unselect the standard styes of the expansion pack in YEM and add the renamed styles. If the pack contains registrations, you will indeed have to rework them as well (correct the style names in Yamaha Registration Manager or select the new named style on the keyboard and resave the registration). You can then "replace" the registrations in the pack via YEM in the same way as I explained for the styles.

Hi Johan,

Yes, this is possible, but only with unprotected or self-created Packs (.ppf format). However, you cannot change the content of protected Packs (.cpf).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 02:56:28 AM »
Hi Johan,

Yes, this is possible, but only with unprotected or self-created Packs (.ppf format). However, you cannot change the content of protected Packs (.cpf).

Best regards,
Chris
Thanks Chris exact..

@johan
I only thought of cpf, because yamaha is only providing cpf to download.
Greetings frank
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

Offline johan

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 09:35:19 AM »
You can remove content of protected cpf packs by unselecting the styles and registrations in YEM but indeed you cannot add content. So in this case, you have to create your own pack (using “create pack” in YEM) in which you add the renamed styles (and adapted registrations if needed). You can then combine both packs in one cpi file and you will find the styles/registrations on the keyboard in your own pack. I have done this for the downloaded packs for the SX700.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:36:38 AM by johan »
SX700 and S670

Online Bill

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 11:58:56 AM »
You can remove content of protected cpf packs by unselecting the styles and registrations in YEM but indeed you cannot add content. So in this case, you have to create your own pack (using “create pack” in YEM) in which you add the renamed styles (and adapted registrations if needed). You can then combine both packs in one cpi file and you will find the styles/registrations on the keyboard in your own pack. I have done this for the downloaded packs for the SX700.

There is a much easier way.

1  Select the pack in YEM
2  You can then RENAME ANY file you wish directly within YEM
    If you have already loaded the pack into your KB you can then save all the Registrations that refer to the Original Style Names and modify then.
4  Now copy these modified Registrations back to the YEM using "Import Content"
5  Then simply delete the original Registrations.

All Done

You can also use the MusicSoft Manager directly to your installed packs.

Bill
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:02:40 PM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline johan

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 12:15:31 PM »
Bill, renaming styles in YEM is indeed the easiest way but not possible for protected packs. Also you cannot change the “icon” part of a style name in YEM (even not for unprotected packs), since YEM does not even show this part of the name.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 02:09:23 PM by johan »
SX700 and S670

Online Bill

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 01:02:50 PM »
Hi Johan

You are correct - I tried it with a pack that I thought was CPF but obviously not.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2