Author Topic: Convert Playlist Registrations from Genos/SX series to Tyros5  (Read 1796 times)

Offline bpsafran

Convert Playlist Registrations from Genos/SX series to Tyros5
« on: January 05, 2022, 08:12:50 AM »
From what I understand, Yamaha provides several registrations (within one bank) for many song titles in the supplementary Genos/SX series playlist.  Can those registrations be saved as banks and then imported as registration banks into the Tyros5?  That will not give Tyros users the playlist function, but will give them new song-related registration banks.

Regards

Offline EileenL

Re: Convert Playlist Registrations from Genos/SX series to Tyros5
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 12:48:25 PM »
Remember with Yamaha you can go up but not down meaning the play list banks would need converting to play in Tyros.
  It is easier to create your own registration banks and choose what you want rather than Yamaha.

Offline bpsafran

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 01:17:05 PM »
Thanks, Eileen. You are right the banks would have to be converted from Genos or SX900 to Tyros5, but many of  the voices and styles are the same.  There is a fabulous program by Murray Best (Registration Manager) that will automatically convert banks of registrations from one instrument to another.  If the voice or style of the source is not found on the target instrument, the program allows you to substitute a voice/style that is on the target.  The program even allows you to automatically convert an entire folder of registrations automatically.  The Bonus Playlist for the Genos or SX900 has many banks of registrations for the various song titles.  I am going to try to convert them to Tyros5 format using the Registration Manager program and see what I get.  I may start with the Bonus List for the SX900 since that instrument is probably closer to the Tyros in voices.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 03:46:36 PM »
The Bonus list for the SX900 only has one registration per bank unlike Genos that has between five and ten.