Author Topic: My Piano voice share and EQ setting share for SX900/700 onboard speacker  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Totomo

OK, boring and stupid topic share again.  The point right on here is , i try to make my SX900 onboard speaker has better sound, better voice separate , better mix quality and free from muddy/lifeless thing for all factory voice and style. I been share some EQ setting on few previous post, after compare to earlier EQ setting, this new EQ setting has better clarity and well in mix.

Maybe a good start for new SX900/700 owner ; useless for experience keyboard arranger use.

Main EQ

80hz                -2 db
250hz    0.7     -1 db
500hz    0.7       0 db
630hz    0.7      -1 db
800hz    0.7      -2 db
1.0khz   0.7      -1 db
4.0khz   1.4     +2 db
8.0khz             +2 db

Compressor

Compression     34
Texture             77
Output              65

You can see no huge change on the Q section like EQ-Gold,  i dont want a scoop Hifi EQ which defect the Sax, Brass, Elec Piano , String and Distortion/Overdrive guitar voice.  Increase the compressor output to fatten up the Low-end and Low-MID ,instead only increase the low frequency DB , which could cause sound muddy and blur happened (in the MIX )on Low frequency range on this SX900 onboard speaker.

I suggest the master volume point start around 1.30-2.00 o'clock and place the SX900 at least 1 feet  from the wall.  Too close to the wall will effect the voice separation and bringing too much in-your-face sounding in front you.
If you have SW100 Sub, set the volume knob on 4 as starting point . Later tweak the Subwoofer volume to your taste.

Here is the edit Piano sound from factory Grand Piano. Just a minor tweak but notable sound improve. Great match with above EQ setting.

01  Piano Normal
Volume  104
Depth     73

Filter
Cutoff         -2
Resonance  -5

Release      8
Reverb   24 (large hall +)

EQ   2.8khz     0
       315hz     +1

02 Piano ! (more crunchy and clarity)
Volume     104
Depth        73

Filter
Cutoff           0
Resonance   0

Release     8
Reverb      24

EQ  both    0db

03 Piano !+ ( Crunchy + Bright)
Volume    104
Depth       68

Filter
Cutoff           3
Resonance   9

Release    0

Reverb    27

EQ   2.8khz     +9
       335hz      +1

Hope help and enjoy.   Happy New Year 2022 !!!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 04:13:52 AM by Totomo »

Offline rgw

Hello Totomo,

Thanks for all the hard work on these settings. I'm looking forward to giving them a try-out later.

Seasons Greetings,

Richard.

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline jcook980

I was really surprised how much these tips improved the sound of the piano. Frankly, I was a little disappointed in the stock SX900 piano voice as even my old P-150 sitting right next to it sounded better. Not all of Totomo's settings are to my taste but I can clearly hear where a tweak here and there can really help bring the voices alive.

Thanks, Totomo!
---

Jim
PSR-SX900, Disklavier, QY-70, P-150

Offline lmederos

Here is the edit Piano sound from factory Grand Piano. Just a minor tweak but notable sound improve. Great match with above EQ setting.

01  Piano Normal
Volume  104
Depth     73

Filter
Cutoff         -2
Resonance  -5

Release      8
Reverb   24 (large hall +)

EQ   2.8khz     0
       315hz     +1

02 Piano ! (more crunchy and clarity)
Volume     104
Depth        73

Filter
Cutoff           0
Resonance   0

Release     8
Reverb      24

EQ  both    0db

03 Piano !+ ( Crunchy + Bright)
Volume    104
Depth       68

Filter
Cutoff           3
Resonance   9

Release    0

Reverb    27

EQ   2.8khz     +9
       335hz      +1

Thanks for this.

For some reason, I can't get the voice volume to "stick."    I saved the voice to a new file name with the changes, but when I turn the SX900 off and back on, the new voice volume remains at 100.

Is there any "art" to this?   Thanks

-- Luis

PSR-SX900

Offline EileenL

Save it into a registration button.

Offline Graham UK

The Piano settings appear to be most sensible I have seen.
DGX670

Offline geoff5798

Thank you so much for sharing these settings. This is the first time I have had the confidence to dive in and try adjusting a voice setting. I saved it to a registration as Eileen said so I can recall it. Could anyone reccommend a basic setting for a Blues style piano please .

Thanks

Geoff