Author Topic: PSR-9000 battery kaput?  (Read 2893 times)

Gemor

PSR-9000 battery kaput?
« on: December 30, 2021, 05:06:56 PM »
I bought a quite used ancient 9000 a while ago. The owners manual states there "may" be a battery and is soldered in place (where?) and had a life of 5 years. When I shut the keyboard off and back on any settings I made are not there and you have to do everything again. Has anybody ever had to replace the battery? Is it possible to lift the top up rather than come in through the back? I like this keyboard and hope it will do me until I can no longer use it.

Offline overover

Re: PSR-9000 battery kaput?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 01:26:36 AM »
Hi Gemor,

The PSR-9000 does NOT contain a Battery.

First of all, please check if the latest Firmware (V3.06) is installed on your instrument. If you are still on an older version, you should download the update V3.06 from the Yamaha Support website:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_psr-9000.html

Note: Newer models save changed system settings automatically when closing the relevant setting display in the so-called "System Setup" (in the internal Flash Memory). With the PSR-9000 this does NOT work automatically, but you have to MANUALLY execute the "System Backup" function (press the "A" button in the Main display and follow the on-screen instructions).

In the "Parameter Chart" in the Owner's Manual V2 you can see in the column "System Backup" which parameters can be saved in this way.

Some parameters may not be able to be saved in the System Backup. Then please check whether these settings can be saved in Registrations (column "Registration Memory" in the Parameter Chart).

If you haven't already done so, be sure to download BOTH manuals from the support site: Basic Manual V2 and Supplementary Manual V3:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=psr-9000

If you have any further questions, please come back here.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 01:40:50 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector

Offline music by allen

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 03:19:54 AM »
Chris,

I must say, I have tremendous respect for someone like yourself who is willing and able to jump in with answers to all types of technical questions asked on this forum.
The psr9000 is a 22 yr. old arranger and you came up with facts and instructions and manual page numbers that I wouldn't have a clue where to find or at least take
me a week to discover.

I, and I am sure everyone on this forum are very appreciative of all the effort you put in to help us with many of the obscure and technical questions asked.

Thanks so much,

Allen

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 11:03:57 AM »
So say I!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Gemor

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 09:40:17 PM »
I have just noticed your reply Chris, sorry for the delay. It certainly is nice to have someone who is able to help us older people. It takes some time for me to fathom all the material in the manual. I am glad you told me there is no battery as I am just now figuring out making registrations and able to bring it back after it has been shut off. So if I am able to save means no battery. Whew my brain was in knots! There is much to learn on this forum, thanks again.