Author Topic: Using Yamaha Expansion Manager to import sound files  (Read 1362 times)

Divemaster

Using Yamaha Expansion Manager to import sound files
« on: December 29, 2021, 11:21:18 AM »
Good Day to you all.

This is a question to see if it is even possible to transfer some of the files used in the SX900 to the SX700 using YEM.

Since getting my SX700 in early December, I've managed to get all my previous data over from my old Tyros, and also from my backup hard drive where I store stuff from way back.
I've got my playlists sorted out, and with help from you good folks, I now understand the Registration file process which is quite different to Tyros.

So my question is this.

I now have a number of files from the Choir and Pad files from the SX900 , particularly soem SCAT files that, if possible, I'd like to transfer to my keyboard.
But I've not had any success.
Although the files will come up on the screen, they do not play.

So this morning, I had a look at them on my PC, and I find that the only ones that won't play have the file suffix  .SAR and none of those with .sar will play on the SX700.

Does anyone know of a way round this? Or are they just specific voices made purely for the SX900?
I'm using the latest version of YEM but the instructions are not the best.

What IS weird, is that on the old Jorgensen PSR site, .sar files are described as obsolete.....and yet here they are being used.. So I'm a bit baffled.

Amy helpful advice welcome, as my brain is steadily frying.... Thanks.

Offline EileenL

Re: Using Yamaha Expansion Manager to import sound files
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 03:33:24 PM »
A sar file is just an edit from an expansion voice which you can save as a user voice. It only contains the edits and not the voice. You need the pack loaded as well to work.

Divemaster

Re: Using Yamaha Expansion Manager to import sound files
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 11:20:20 AM »
Thank you Eileen. Much appreciated.