Author Topic: Saving favourite Styles  (Read 38444 times)

Offline Sharon

Saving favourite Styles
« on: August 27, 2019, 06:29:11 PM »
Hi,

I would like some help on saving styles to my keyboard.  I'm lucky to have purchased loads of styles and would like to know how to save my favourites to my keyboard, rather than having to search through my stick.

I'm totally blind, so if people could give me some ideas that would be great.

Thanks.

Sharon

Offline Toril S

Re: Saving favourite Styles
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 07:05:23 PM »
Hello Sharon. I am visually impaired too. What I do is this: I use my computer to pick my favorite styles, put them in a folder and copy them to the user drive on the keyboard, or, if the memory of the user drive is small, I just keep them on a USB drive, neatly put into folders so they are easy to find. Am I right that you have a Genos? The Genos has Voice Guide. I don't know how good it is, it will certainly need to be developed further, but it should be able to read names of folders and styles. All the best from Toril :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:50:04 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Sharon

Offline panos

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 07:39:28 PM »
Hi Sharon,
do you have too many favourite styles?
You could use the Registrations buttons for easy access too,to your favourite styles.
In particular many sets of registrations.
In case you have a psr s975 each registration has got eight buttons.
If you have a Genos each registrations has got ten buttons.
So you could save eight styles for eight songs in one registration.
For example eight ballard styles so it is easier to remember if you hear one style of this set what kind are the other styles.
By pressing registration button number one you can call the style eight ballad beat for example.
Then you can press the Main style buttons and the OTS of this style so you can play with it.
To find the Rock registration styles set, you can press the little plus or minus buttons at the centre of the keyboard.They are two small buttons just above the centre of the keybed.

This method maybe will not be so helpful if you already have got too many registrations for playing songs.

Offline Sharon

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 11:36:33 AM »
Hi, and thanks for all your help.

I'm using a psrs975 keyboard, I did have a Genos, but was most disappointed with the  voice feedback, as it didn't tell me enough.  Hopefully they will improve this one day.  I'll give this a go and thanks

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 05:57:55 AM »
I usually listen to styles one by one to select my favorites. These styles can be from some installed pack, or from a variety of styles downloaded from the internet...
I put on a pendrive, in the root folder, the styles that I download from this site, for example, and I listen to them one by one. The ones I like I save on another pendrive with the styles I use the most.
On the s910, since the rhythm is already in the keyboard's temporary memory, I just insert the pendrive with my favorite styles and do the save operation: usb button > b (styles> 6 down and 8 up.
On tyros5, as it has two usb inputs, I can connect two USB sticks, transfer the style from one to the other directly and save it in the registry with the style already in the right place where it has to be.
Greetings,
Gabriel
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."