Author Topic: Hold my hand please  (Read 1412 times)

Offline chesterkins

Hold my hand please
« on: December 26, 2021, 09:13:07 AM »
I have downloaded all the data from my tyros 5 on to a USB drive as advised here ready to be loaded to my Genos
I would now appreciate step by step advice on loading this data into the right place and saving on my Genos
I have been used to the old copy and paste onto HDI of many years of Tyros
Appreciate any help you can give me to get it right first time so its lined up in the same way as MyT5

tyrosman

Re: Hold my hand please
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 05:28:55 PM »
hi there this all depends on what you want to put in like Registrations Styles Multi pads excetra can you explain more

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 09:21:27 PM »
I have downloaded all the data from my tyros 5 on to a USB drive as advised here ready to be loaded to my Genos
I would now appreciate step by step advice on loading this data into the right place and saving on my Genos
I have been used to the old copy and paste onto HDI of many years of Tyros
Appreciate any help you can give me to get it right first time so its lined up in the same way as MyT5

Hi chesterkins,

As already mentioned elsewhere: It is easiest if you work with the data directly from the USB stick. You copy all user data from the Tyros5 hard drive (HD1) in USB storage mode to a USB stick and leave this data on the stick. It doesn't matter which USB-to-Device socket you connect this USB stick to. It is only important that this stick is connected FIRST, so that it is recognized as "USB1".

The correct procedure for transferring the data from the Tyros5 hard disk to a USB stick is described in the two brochures "Genos Upgrade Guide" and "Easily Upgrade to Genos":
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html

By the way, if you haven't already done so, please download the following Genos manuals in PDF format from the Genos download site linked above:
- Genos Owner's Manual "h0" V2.10
- Genos Reference Manual "h0" V2.10
- Genos Data List "f0 "V2.00)

Important: Please read the chapter "File Management" in the Genos Owner's Manual, starting on page 37.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 09:22:28 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline chesterkins

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 08:58:56 AM »
Thanks I have managed to correctly copy the Tyros HD and it resires in USB1 now
so all is working there fine now
The problem I still have is the MF
I have copied the MFD from the T% and loaded it into the Genos as described
BUT it will not link up with styles on the USB
It will only link up with files iit likes in the preset styles
What to do?