Author Topic: Expansion manager automatically adding all packs to new instrument  (Read 2687 times)

Hi! When I add a new instrument info into expansion manager, it automatically adds all my packs into the instrument, which in turn causes it to load for 10 minutes or so, and then the expansion manager just gives up and freezes. Does anyone know how I can add the new instrument info without expansion manager automatically adding all my packs?

Offline EileenL

Re: Expansion manager automatically adding all packs to new instrument
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 03:42:27 PM »
Adding the Instrument Info dose not load anything. It just makes the YEM aware of what keyboard you are using and when you select it it will show all packs that are usable for that keyboard. It is then up to you to select which packs you have room for and want to load.

The following users thanked this post: patrick.r99

Offline johan

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 04:17:07 PM »
I had the same issue when I added a second keyboard in YEM last month. Had to unselect all packs one by one which took quite some time but luckily I only had to do this once.
I use version 2.6.0.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 04:26:03 PM »
I had the same issue when I added a second keyboard in YEM last month. Had to unselect all packs one by one which took quite some time but luckily I only had to do this once.
I use version 2.6.0.
So then I guess there's no easy way around this huh? :D I just wish it didn't freeze up on me after 10-15 minutes.. Maybe I should update YEM?

Offline johan

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 04:28:40 PM »
As said, I only had this issue once (the first time I launched YEM after I had added my extra keybaord). So it shouldn't be a big issue unless you add a new keyboard every month  :).
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline danand

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 08:38:16 AM »
Adding the Instrument Info dose not load anything.
Maybe in your set-up....
I have the same problem described by the original poster (johan)
I confirm that in my set-up any time I add a new in instrument YEM automatically select ALL available packs and then if I'm lucky  I can deselect them before it crash...
So YES, there is a problem at least on some installation. YEM automatically select all available packs