Author Topic: Transferring all my saved styles from my Tyros 5 to my new Genos  (Read 1947 times)

Offline chesterkins

Transferring all my saved styles from my Tyros 5 to my new Genos
« on: December 23, 2021, 09:25:19 PM »
Hi Guys
Please help
How to I transfer my sizable style collection from my T5 to my new Genos
It was easy when I went from my original Tyros thru T2 T3 T4 and finally T5
But the Genos seems completely different 
On the T5 in my HDI  I have main folders with sub folders containing a collection of styles
How do I import and save the same way to the user file on the Genos?
Thanks
Chris

Offline RONBO

Re: Transferring all my saved styles from my Tyros 5 to my new Genos
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 09:31:39 PM »
Hello,

Use thumb drive(s)

Should be not too much trouble.

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

The following users thanked this post: chesterkins

Offline chesterkins

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 09:36:01 PM »
Sorry Ron  I did not make myself clear
I always used a thumb drive with the tyros's too
I meant the act of importing them and visually organising them the same way in the user area
At the moment it seems I have to empty to sub folders as styles into the file and then rebuild them into folders again and then delete etc etc

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 09:44:28 PM »
Hi Chris,

You can organize files on the Genos by making it a device on your computer. Connect your Genos to your computer with a USB cable, and push and hold the Playlist button while turning on the power to the Genos. The Genos will appear as a device in the tree of Windows Explorer, assuming your using Windows. You should be able to shift files around as you wish that way.

Perhaps another member would like to chime in to make sure I'm not talking through my hat here ;).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 10:04:30 PM »
Hi Chris,

the easiest method to work with your Tyros5 hard drive data on Genos is connection the T5 to the computer in USB Storage Mode. Just copy all desired folders from the T5 hard drive to a USB stick (that is also connected to the computer).

If you have T5 Registrations that use files from the T5 hard drive, it is important that the original folder/file structure is retained. (Although the Tyros hard drive is addressed via the internal drive letter E: but the (first connected) USB stick on the Genos with I :, the T5 Tegistrations will still work on the Genos.)

Please also see the brochures "Genos Upgrade Guide" as well as "Easily Upgrade to Genos":
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

P.S.
Please note that the Genos User drive (that you will see if you connect the GENOS to the computer in USB Storage Mode as described by Lee) has fixed System main folders (e.g. STYLE, SONG, REGIST, etc.). So you cannot just copy your T5 hard drive data to the Genos User drive (but you would have to copy the T5 files/folders into the correct System main folders. (You cannot have different file types in one folder in the User drive.)

I therefore recommend the method I described first, i.e. connecting the T5 to the computer and copying everything to a USB stick. You can continue working on the Genos directly with the folder structure you are used to from the T5.

By the way, on the Genos hard drive there is the hidden folder "AUDIOREC.ROOT" (which is used for the Audio Multi Recording function). You should NOT copy this folder to the USB stick.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 10:33:47 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline RONBO

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 10:14:13 PM »
Hi Chris, the original poster Chris, that is.

before I could respond you got two brilliant answers regarding your issue.

You will need a Usb to Host cable and make the changes on the computer; it's a whole lot easier there than on the Genos itself.

Lee , you were spot on

Chris, the other one, your answer is , as always, clear and detailed enough so we can all understand it

regards to all, Merry Christmas

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline soryt

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 12:04:18 PM »
the best way is to use the Yamaha Musicsoft downloader >>
https://nl.yamaha.com/nl/support/updates/msd_win_kbd.html

Soneg  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber