Author Topic: DGX670 Left Voice.  (Read 4238 times)

Offline Graham UK

DGX670 Left Voice.
« on: December 22, 2021, 04:57:40 PM »
DGX670. Trying to find settings so the LEFT Had voice stays active when changing to the next variation as each change switches the LEFT voice OFF.
I know this can be saved in RGT's but don't wish to do this every time a built-in style is used.

I've checked the FREEZE options but it frezzes all Left.Rght & Layer, so can't select just the Left voice.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 05:12:31 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline stephenm52

Re: DGX670 Left Voice.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 05:13:23 PM »
Graham,  Curious to know why you reluctant not to use a registration to accomplish what you are trying to?
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 05:31:14 PM »
stephenm52. The inbuilt styles...why would one have to save all the styles again as RGT's ? just to keep the LEFT voice active.
DGX670

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 05:36:08 PM »
stephenm52. The inbuilt styles...why would one have to save all the styles again as RGT's ? just to keep the LEFT voice active.

Graham that's a good question I guess only Yamaha can really answer that or someone who knows more about it than I do.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline RONBO

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 05:43:55 PM »
Hello Graham.. Hoping all is well with you and yours.

Try shutting off the OTS button.. This worked on tyros 5 and my genos.

This keeps the left voice on throughout all variation changes

regards

Ron

Have a merry and safe Christmas
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 06:44:20 PM »
Ron. Thank you for reply...That may be the answer I'll give it a try and let you know.
I've had Tyros for past 15+ years so understand your comment.

Two things impressed me about the DGX670...Excellent keybed & Sound Voice Quality is very good.

EDIT...Ron. Yes, Left voice does stay on when OTS is OFF.
I can have my Faviorite voices in RGT's
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 07:05:50 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline RONBO

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 07:07:16 PM »
Im glad you like the new keyboard.

At first, I thought you had to give up playing for health reasons. Happy you found a new DGX670 to play and enjoy.

Regards Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2021, 09:20:47 PM »
DGX670. Trying to find settings so the LEFT Had voice stays active when changing to the next variation as each change switches the LEFT voice OFF.
I know this can be saved in RGT's but don't wish to do this every time a built-in style is used.

I've checked the FREEZE options but it frezzes all Left.Rght & Layer, so can't select just the Left voice.

Hi Graham,

Like all settings that affect the Left part, the Left voice belongs to the Freeze group "Style").

In order to freeze the current Left voice (together with the style), you first have to make sure that in the Freeze settings only the "Style" box is ticked (all other boxes NOT ticked). Also make sure that the Freeze function is OFF at this point.

If you haven't already done so, load the desired style and the desired Left voice.

Now switch the Freeze function ON. Since there is unfortunately no Freeze button on the control panel of the DGX-670, you either have to go to the menu (Menu > Regist Sequence/Freeze > tab Freeze), or use "Direct Access > Bank button (or Memory button)" to call up the "Regist Sequence/Freeze" display, and then go to the "Freeze" tab from here. Use one of the display buttons "1" to switch the Freeze function on or off.

If the Style groop is freezed as described, you can still manually choose a different style. If the OTS LINK function is ON, the Left Voice should NO longer be changed by the OTS when the OTS are automatically changed (depending on the activated Main Variation).

As is well known, there are no OTS buttons (1-4) on the DGX-670 to call up the OTS manually. And that is why you cannot change the OTS directly on the DGX-670 or assign your own settings to the OTS.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 09:24:37 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2021, 01:03:33 AM »
If the Style groop is freezed as described, you can still manually choose a different style. If the OTS LINK function is ON, the Left Voice should NO longer be changed by the OTS when the OTS are automatically changed (depending on the activated Main Variation).

Chris. Thank you...I'll try your reply, another bit of learning.
DGX670

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 06:08:21 PM »
Chris. Edit for above re keeping Left Voice Active.
DGX670 If the STYLE is ticked in FREEZE then selecting a different style this does not change but keeps the FROZEN style active.
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2022, 07:12:02 PM »
Chris. Edit for above re keeping Left Voice Active.
DGX670 If the STYLE is ticked in FREEZE then selecting a different style this does not change but keeps the FROZEN style active.

Hi Graham,

When activated, the Freeze function prevents the parameter groups that are curently ticked from changes by Registrations, OTS or MIDI Songs. As mentioned, you can still change all settings manually. So you can e.g. select another Style manually, and the current Left voice should remain, even if the OTS LINK feature is on.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2022, 11:32:34 PM »
Chris. Unforunately thats not happening on my DGX.
When the Freeze Style is ticked and Freeze activated. Selecting a builtin style does not play that style because the FREEZE has locked on previouse used style.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 12:44:22 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 12:47:18 AM »
Chris. NO thats not happening on the DGX.
When the Freeze Style is ticked and Freeze activated. Selecting a builtin style does not play that style because the FREEZE has locked on previouse used style.

Hi Graham,

Are you sure to use the STYLE Selection display (not the Playlist or Registrations) to select a new Style?

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 12:49:23 AM by overover »

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2022, 08:43:04 AM »
Chris. My EDIT reply does state...selecting board builtin style does not play because the Style Ticked FREEZE actived is holding on to the previous style !!!

The left Voice does stay on.

Pity you don't have access to DGX670.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 09:53:50 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline frozzers

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2022, 10:05:57 AM »
I can freeze the Left voice with Freeze on and change the style without affecting the Left voice.

Here's what I do:

Please note, I've not touched my Freeze settings since I got the keyboard.

The groups ticked are, by default:

Song
Style
Tempo
Text

1. In the 'Freeze' function, to freeze, select '1' on the numeric keys and 'Freeze' lights up in yellow
2. With OTS Link switched on, select a style
3. Turn Left Part on
4. Select a Left Voice

When I select a new style, the Left Voice stays on whichever style I choose. And, as I said, I can change the style with 'Freeze' on.

Cheers

Chris

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2022, 10:11:53 AM »
(frozzers) Chris & (OverOver) Chris.  Thank you I'll check through the settings again...BUT.
Moving through each Style Variation did switch off Left Voice each time.

EDIT. Using the on board styles and following your reply I did manage to get the LH voice to stay on.
May I add that replies are appreciated as I would like to learn as much as possible about the DGX OS.

Having spent past 15 years with TYROS and obtaining knowledge of it's OS editing options, I was not expecting to have a lot of difficulty coming to terms with the DGX Menu so please keep replies coming.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 09:20:40 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2022, 03:46:12 PM »
Hi Graham,

Are you sure to use the STYLE Selection display (not the Playlist or Registrations) to select a new Style?

Best regards,
Chris

Good tip Chris! Thanks for posting that.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks