Author Topic: Saving midi-settings  (Read 3409 times)

Luc janssens

Saving midi-settings
« on: December 21, 2021, 06:02:07 AM »
Hello,

Since the new os 2.1 for Genos i can’t save midi-settings anymore.
Anyone else noticed this ?

Luc

Luc janssens

Re: Saving midi-settings
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 08:22:47 AM »

Nobody ??
Is it only me ?
 :o

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 11:03:59 AM »
Hi Luc,

welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

Hello,

Since the new os 2.1 for Genos i can’t save midi-settings anymore.
Anyone else noticed this ?

Luc

Nothing has changed here. Please note that the MIDI settings can only be saved in the User drive (NOT in the Preset drive).

Edit 2021-12-28:
Obviously there is a small bug in the Genos firmware version 2.10, because sometimes the saving of MIDI templates works directly via the "Save" icon and sometimes it doesn't.

At the moment I recommend following the method described here to save User MIDI templates:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,61707.msg473053.html#msg473053

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 07:47:36 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline svpworld

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 11:19:59 AM »
I have the same problem, it is no longer possible to save midi settings to any drive.
The file option is now greyed out.

Simon

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 12:33:34 PM »
Looks like it is a feature of a recent update. I have not upgraded recently so am still on older version 2.02 for various reasons and the file save option is Not greyed out in that version,
John
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 02:31:31 PM by jwyvern »

Offline soryt

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 01:46:27 PM »
No problems Ver 2.10 , al the same as before ? :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline vanzee

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2021, 01:52:16 PM »
I noticed the same thing as Luc.
Apparently it works when one
first tap the name field and then:
> "User" > in File Edit > "Save" > "Save Here".....

(Installed version: v 2.10)
Best Regards
Eddy Vanzee

Offline svpworld

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2021, 03:35:45 PM »
Switched my Genos back on this afternoon, loaded a song, went into record mode.  Tried MIDI settings and this time it works!  The file option is no longer disabled and now I'm able to save my midi profiles...

Very odd, it would be interesting to try and pinpoint what caused this and try to reproduce it.  At least it's not completely gone, but maybe a certain sequence of events causes it to disabled. 

Simon

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2021, 08:00:12 PM »
I noticed the same thing as Luc.
Apparently it works when one
first tap the name field and then:
> "User"
> in File Edit > "Save" > "Save Here".....

(Installed version: v 2.10)

Hi all,

I've found that there is no need to manually switch to the User tab. Here I have described the method I recommend for saving User MIDI templates:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,61707.msg473053.html#msg473053

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 09:22:44 AM »
Yes, after upgrading to Version 2.1.0 I also have a problem with MIDI settings. Factory settings cannot be selected, and USER settings are missing. The solution is in Reset MIDI, watch the video about it.

https://youtu.be/oUiyCqxxVPM
Watch my video channel

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 06:58:20 PM »
@ckobu
Hi Casper,

Can you confirm what I wrote above under "Edit" (blue font)? (The "Save" icon works if a User MIDI template is currently loaded, but not if a Preset template is loaded.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 07:00:39 PM by overover »

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2021, 07:09:03 PM »
P.S.
I had also initialized the MIDI settings via "Utility > System Reset (only "MIDI" ticked)". However, if a Preset template has been loaded beforehand, the "Save" icon will still not work, so that you can save only with the method I originally described.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 07:12:42 PM by overover »

Offline ckobu

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2021, 07:18:13 PM »
@ckobu
Hi Casper,

Can you confirm what I wrote above under "Edit" (blue font)? (The "Save" icon works if a User MIDI template is currently loaded, but not if a Preset template is loaded.)

Best regards,
Chris

Now my Genos is working properly so I can't simulate what you described.
When there was a problem, I could not activate All Parts and the File icon was gray. The Save option was not available to me. This is displayed at 00:30 sec.
After I did the MIDI Reset, I turned on the Genos a few times and everything is always fine.
Watch my video channel

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2021, 07:57:05 PM »
Now my Genos is working properly so I can't simulate what you described.
When there was a problem, I could not activate All Parts and the File icon was gray. The Save option was not available to me. This is displayed at 00:30 sec.
After I did the MIDI Reset, I turned on the Genos a few times and everything is always fine.

Thank you for the quick reply, Casper!

What I mean is, when you are in the MIDI display (see the attached picture), you touch the name of the currently loaded MIDI template to open the File Selection display.

Now be sure you are in PRESET tab and select a template here, e.g. "All Parts". Then close that File Selection display to come back to the MIDI display.

At this time the "Save" icon (next to the name box) doesn't work as expected for me.

But, as mentioned, if I use a template that was copied (saved) to the User tab before, the "Save" icon next to the name box works properly. So this is not a problem for me.

The whole thing is a bit mysterious. Perhaps my Genos will also "decide" (after a few more restarts) to function completely correctly in this regard ... :)

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 08:00:48 PM by overover »

Offline soryt

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2022, 02:49:39 PM »
It worked all fine , untill this moment i edited the midi setting to make a different MFC10 setting and i am unable to save it like you mention
Midi reset and al other things dont work to get it right , ik hope Yamaha comes with a update for this "bug"

Soneg  8)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline overover

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2022, 03:05:44 PM »
It worked all fine , untill this moment i edited the midi setting to make a different MFC10 setting and i am unable to save it like you mention
Midi reset and al other things dont work to get it right , ik hope Yamaha comes with a update for this "bug"

Soneg  8)

As mentioned, the "Save" icon next to the name box doesn't work if a Preset MIDI template is currently loaded.

When you touch on the name of the current template, the File Selection display is opened. And there you should be able to select "File" > "Save". At least it worked for me in this way. And once you have saved a User MIDI template in the way described (and it is also loaded), the "Save" icon next to the name box suddenly works as expected.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 03:10:28 PM by overover »