Author Topic: Live mixer recording  (Read 2097 times)

Offline bassgolf

Live mixer recording
« on: December 19, 2021, 10:02:00 PM »
Hello,

Is there a way to record the mixer settings (including live changes while a midi file is playing) on the Tyros 5?

Thanks,

Bassgolf
Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os

Offline bassgolf

Re: Live mixer recording
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 09:29:22 PM »
Hello!

Not too many replies to my post(none really!)

So I thought I should clarify.

After the midi file is recorded, can I alter the volume levels of individual voices on the go as the midi is playing? And then save that file?

Basically live editing as the already recorded "Song" is being played.

Thanks,

Bassgolf
Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os

Offline Ed B

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 02:16:13 AM »
Hi
Yes you should be able to do this. The lesson section has a lesson on tuning a midi.
https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/tune/adjSong/Songs4Editing.html
Load your midi then go to the mixer select channels 1-8 make your changes. Then save as outlined in the lesson use a new name. Then repeat for channels 9-16. Save as outlined.
Do keep a backup of the midi and record your original setting for each channel.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 05:00:15 AM »
Actually no, I don’t think you can do this, if you mean changing the volume setting of a channel at different points across the recording. What is often called a final mix. You can change volume of a channel, but that change affects that channel across the whole recording.
Mike

Offline bassgolf

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 09:41:28 PM »
Yes Mike, that is what I meant. A live mix whereby the volume on any channel can be changed on the go as the midi is playing (volume up and down) and then be able to save that performance.

That would be a great feature wouldn't it?

bassgolf
Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 10:15:40 PM »
So-called automation cannot be done in a keyboard but if Tyro5 connects to a computer, it can be done in any DAW. This is a video that shows how to add Genos controls via the Cakewalk program.

https://youtu.be/C6H2MSpZO4g
Watch my video channel

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2021, 10:12:43 AM »
Yes Mike, that is what I meant. A live mix whereby the volume on any channel can be changed on the go as the midi is playing (volume up and down) and then be able to save that performance.

That would be a great feature wouldn't it?

bassgolf
Not just a great feature but a fairly essential one for decent recording, because although this can be done using computer software, not everyone buying an arranger has it placed in their home where computer access is easy. Especially true for people with CVPs who generally put them in a prominent place in their home.
I had a discussion about this with a Yamaha tech and he agreed that it was something that ought to be addressed, but could not see it happening. Not a priority because not enough people are demanding it.
Mike