Author Topic: DGX670 OCTAVE CHANGE SETTING.  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Graham UK

DGX670 OCTAVE CHANGE SETTING.
« on: December 17, 2021, 05:17:00 PM »
No single button press to change Main Voice Octave UP or DOWN.
I often used this option on Tyros.
Manual states to use Voice Set to make adjustments and Save as User Voice !!!
DGX670

Offline overover

Re: DGX670 OCTAVE CHANGE SETTING.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 07:27:09 PM »
No single button press to change Main Voice Octave UP or DOWN.
I often used this option on Tyros.
Manual states to use Voice Set to make adjustments and Save as User Voice !!!

Hi Graham,

You can set the Part Octave for the Left, Main and Layer parts also in the "Voice Setting" display ("Menu > Voice Setting"), not only in the "Voice Set" display ("Voice Selection display > Voice Set".

The Part Octave settings do NOT necessarily have to be saved in User Voice(s): Of course, you can also memorize everything directly to Registrations, as you are used to from Tyros models, Genos and PSR-S/SX models.

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 07:39:22 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 10:01:50 AM »
Chris. Thank you for screen snap.
I read your reply as can change octave R1 & R2 when playing live...but can also save if one wants it permanently in a style/RGT ?.
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 11:19:30 AM »
Chris. Thank you for screen snap.
I read your reply as can change octave R1 & R2 when playing live...but can also save if one wants it permanently in a style/RGT ?.

Hi Graham,

As far as I know, the "Part Octave" parameter for the Left, Main and Layer parts cannot be saved in styles on the DGX-670, because there is obviously no way to re-memorize OTS (One Touch Settings).

In Registrations, however, these parameters are ALWAYS saved ("Part Octave Left" when the "Style" box is ticked, "Part Octave Main & Layer" when the "Voice" box is ticked).

It does not matter whether the setting is made in the "Voice Setting" or in the "Voice Set" display. (The "Voice Setting" display basically contains the settings that were to be found on the Tyros and PSR-S models in "Mixing Console > tab Tune".)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 11:25:26 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 04:13:22 PM »
Chris. Considering you don't own a DGX, due to your input I can now change voice octave when needed.

Understanding that DGX is basically a piano I can see why they would want to keep number of buttons showing limited but with arranger addtions a plus & Minus octave would have been so beneficial.

The voicing quality I consider to be very good.
I do miss the lack of FreeStyles.
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 06:02:55 PM »
Chris. ... due to your input I can now change voice octave when needed.

... I do miss the lack of FreeStyles.

Hi Graham,

you should be able to use Free Play styles (of other models) on the DGX-670. Have you already tried this?

For example, you could copy some Free Play styles of your Tyros5 to a USB stick and check if you can load them on the DGX-670. If you cannot see the styles in the DGX Style Selection display, change the file extension .fps to .sty on the computer and test again on the DGX.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 07:40:13 PM »
Chris. Yes, I have tried a number of FreeStyles from T5 on the DGX, they load but sound wise are not usable, possibly voices used are not on the DGX but it may be using duplicates !
I will tomorrow revoice them to see if they improve.

VCE's I have downloaded from PSRtutorial and they do sound good.

EDIT. No joy revoicing FreeStyles, EtherealMovies does play OK.
Interestingly the Cinema Styles posted for PSR3000 work well.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 03:53:45 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670