Author Topic: RGT file question  (Read 1653 times)

Divemaster

RGT file question
« on: December 17, 2021, 12:30:25 PM »
Hi

Coming to my nice new PSR-SX700 from a Tyros, I have a number of files that I would still like to use on this new keyboard.

I've managed to transfer and tidy up a large number of different playlists that I had, and these are now all on a memory stick and work without issue. I've also got all my own favourite Styles transferred.

But finding how to put over my Registration (.rgt) files has, so far, not happened!

There seems to be no simple way of transferring these.

Can somebody help with this please? I've got about 15 folders of registrations for different sorts of events, and hope that I can still use them.

I can't find anything in the Owner manual about .rgt files at all. Or maybe I'm missing some basic instruction?

Thanks for any replies. :)

Offline Fred Smith

Re: RGT file question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 12:34:23 PM »
Hi

Coming to my nice new PSR-SX700 from a Tyros, I have a number of files that I would still like to use on this new keyboard.

I've managed to transfer and tidy up a large number of different playlists that I had, and these are now all on a memory stick and work without issue. I've also got all my own favourite Styles transferred.

But finding how to put over my Registration (.rgt) files has, so far, not happened!

There seems to be no simple way of transferring these.

Can somebody help with this please? I've got about 15 folders of registrations for different sorts of events, and hope that I can still use them.

I can't find anything in the Owner manual about .rgt files at all. Or maybe I'm missing some basic instruction?

Thanks for any replies. :)

Use Murray Best's Registration Manager to convert your registrations. Available in Utilities.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 01:08:15 PM »
I have an SX900 and my Tyros 5 registrations load with no problem. Copy your registrations on to a USB stick and put into your keyboard. Now press Regist. at the top left of screen and go to USB and select a Bank and it should load for you. If you have used a third party style with it you will need to relink it with the bank.
  If you want to save a folder of banks to User section then just press file and select Copy and now highlight the folder Now press Copy again and select User and the Press Copy Here.

Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 05:30:05 PM »
Thanks you both so much. I am hopeful that with these instructions, I'll be able to sort this out.

Keith. :)