Author Topic: Tyros 5 acting real Strange  (Read 1494 times)

Offline mgbchuck

Tyros 5 acting real Strange
« on: December 13, 2021, 01:08:46 AM »
Howdy…Had a terrible experience at a Christmas gig last night.  About 1 hour into the gig… my keyboard turned off for a second…. In the middle of a song.  After 1 second…. The tyros logo came on the screen and it started playing the demo file. I rebooted the Tyros…. Started playing again…. And after a minute… it happened again. This happened 4 or 5 times…. And then it quit happening…. And I finished the gig with no other issues. I have never ever had this happen before.  I am clueless. I have my board plugged into a power strip that has a surge protector built in.  The only thing I can think of is the circuits in the restaurant where we were playing…. Might be hooked up to equipment in their back room where there are dishwashers…. Ovens… etc. If the power kicks on equipment could this kick the keyboard out?  This worries me. Will this happen again?  Anyone else ever experience anything like this?  Your thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks…. Chuck in

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Tyros 5 acting real Strange
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 04:58:05 AM »
Do you experience this in the restaurant only?
If you suspect it's a current issue get a UPS with a surge protector, or use a different line in the restaurant. 
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6