Author Topic: Favorites with expansion voices?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Rich Z

Favorites with expansion voices?
« on: December 09, 2021, 09:11:49 PM »
I read or watched a video indicating that by holding your finger pressed on a voice selection, you could mark said voice as being a "favorite" so you could easily find it again. Well, I tried this on a couple of voices in the Expansion area, and I could not get it to work.  Is this the way it is "designed" to be, or did I just not hold down the finger press long enough?

Genos, Korg Kronos, two left feet for hands.  :(

Offline RONBO

Re: Favorites with expansion voices?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 10:09:27 PM »
Hello,

You can't save expansion voices to your favourites.

Sorry.

Regards

Ron

PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline Rich Z

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 11:36:25 PM »
Ah, unfortunate.  I guess I will just have to do that the hard way instead.  :(
Genos, Korg Kronos, two left feet for hands.  :(

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 12:45:59 AM »
You can save an entire registration bank with your favorite Voices including pack Voices.

Load any style from your USB stick. Now load any R1, R2, or R3 Voices and memorize the registration.  You can do this for the entire bank of registrations.

Now delete the style you have loaded from your USB stick. This is important!

When you load the registration bank the keyboard will not be able to find the style because you deleted it.  The result will be whatever style you have loaded currently will remain but the right-hand Voice(s) will be loaded.  If you saved an entire registration bank with Voices, then you can try each registration Voice(s) with your current style.  If you find one you like then save it to OTS.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 12:51:28 AM »
The way that Yamaha implements 'Favorites' is a joke!

Although you are limited to just 100 files, even if you could include non presets, who in their right mind would program the OS to list them in the order that they were added to the list rather than alphabetical order?

Only Yamaha with their impeccable logic!    ;D ::) ??? :'(

How stupid is that?

Instead, if you want to group files into favorites, forget Yamaha's stupidity and make your own folders for them on the USER drive or a USB. 

Then copy your favorites to these folders.  You will be able to add presets, USER files and ones from USBs/HDDs to these folders, and although it will use additional memory space, since it will make a copy of each file in the new folder rather than just a 'link' to them  (which presumably is how 'Favorites' work), on recent keyboards this should not be a problem for the USER drive, or just use a USB drive instead.

The files will then be listed in alphabetical order, giving you a chance of finding them easily!

To date Yamaha haven't managed to mess up the file listings on USER and external drives - but give them time!

If this sort of stupidity was was implemented by a 'lesser' manufacturer such as Casio or Medeli, they would be slated on this forum!

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline Duffy

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 11:25:53 AM »
You can save expansion voices to your custom (edited) voices and, if you want to number them to keep them in a correct order, you can do.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 12:53:56 PM »
I think a lot of people just do not understand why Yamaha do these things. Favourites
are there for people who like me have heard a voice set up that uses a certain voice to enhance another. These are sometimes pad voices. You then want to use that set up with maybe a different lead voice so to save time looking for it put it in favourites.
Its as simple as that. It is not meant or advertised as a mass storage device for all your expansion voices.
Come on give Yamaha a break. They can't put everyone's suggestions on a keyboard and most of us would not want them anyway we are happy with that we have got. A first class keyboard with darn good voices and styles.   

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 12:08:02 AM »
You can save expansion voices to your custom (edited) voices and, if you want to number them to keep them in a correct order, you can do.

Yes but remember that if you select a User Voice for a style Part you will get only the original unedited Voice due to the fact the Voice Set file is NOT loaded when selecting for a style Part... only when you select it for a Left Voice or Right Voice.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html