Author Topic: PSR-SX700 Mic settings  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Jimbo

PSR-SX700 Mic settings
« on: December 09, 2021, 01:52:42 PM »
Hi

Unlike the SX900, the SX700 does not have a vocal harmony option for Mic settings, is there any way to add this function?

Kind Regards

Jimbo

Offline overover

Re: PSR-SX700 Mic settings
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 04:19:02 PM »
Hi

Unlike the SX900, the SX700 does not have a vocal harmony option for Mic settings, is there any way to add this function?

Kind Regards

Jimbo

Hi Jimbo,

You cannot "add" Vocal Harmony to the SX700 by a software update or similar.

The only way is to use an external Vocal Harmony processor.

By the way, I don't use the internal Vocal Harmony of my Tyros5 and Genos, but I only use a TC-Helicon "Voice Live Touch 2".  This device is very easy to use, especially in live situations, but is unfortunately no longer in production.
>>> https://www.tc-helicon.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CMG

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 05:21:27 PM »
I use the TC Helicon Harmony-M, which is also out of production, but you can find them on Ebay sometime. Very easy to use and does a fantastic job.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 09:09:35 PM »
Dors that mean that vocal harmony on the keyboards is inferior?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 09:51:20 PM »
Dors that mean that vocal harmony on the keyboards is inferior?

Hi Toril,

No, the internal Vocal Harmony (VH) e.g. of Tyros5 and Genos is by no means inferior. It is just too time-consuming for me to have to precisely define all VH settings (for each song/registration) in advance. In addition, the internal VH is controlled exclusively via MIDI, i.e. not via AUDIO.

My TC-Helicon "Voice Live Touch 2"  can (like most external VH processores) also be controlled via AUDIO. I just use the headphone output of the keyboard to control my TC. And in live operation I can easily switch between different (self-created) VH presets, whereby I can also choose which (how many) additional VH voices are to be generated.

So I am extremely flexible and can also use the VH if I only play with the accordion plus MIDI bass. I used to connect the accordion to the TC via MIDI for this purpose. Meanwhile I do without any MIDI connection and simply use the built-in microphone of the TC for chord recognition in connection with the accordion. Lately I've been using this control option (internal microphone of the TC) more and more often in connection with the keyboard, i.e. I also do without the audio cable from the headphone output to the TC. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 09:54:49 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 03:56:06 PM »
Hi, thanks to all for the very helpful replies, they are as was said  available on E-BAY.

Kind Regards

Jimbo

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 03:17:24 PM »
Thanks Chris. By the way, I also play the accordion😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page