Author Topic: New free Pack "Forró Tradicional" (Brazilian music) for Genos & PSR-SX  (Read 4774 times)

Offline overover

Hi all,

there is another free Brazilian Expansion Pack from Yamaha: "Forró Tradicional" (for music from northeastern Brazil)
>>> https://br.yamaha.com/pt/news_events/2020/20201012_psr_sx_contest.html

Unfortunately, I don't have any direct download links for this Pack yet. (There are versions for Genos, PSR-SX600, SX700 and SX900.)

If anyone has these download links, please post them here! :)

Edit: fikke has provided the links below. But note that the downloaded zip file for SX900 is corrupt at the moment (cannot be unzipped correctly).

P.S.
To download the other two Packs on the page linked above (Brazilian Pack 3" and "Bachata Brasil" just click here:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,57224.msg445227.html#msg445227

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 09:52:39 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: motifes, Gunnar Jonny, Aquilauno

Offline overover

Re: New free Pack "Forró Tradicional" (Brazilian music) for Genos & PSR-SX
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 09:46:31 AM »
Thank you very much, fikke, for providing the links!

P.S.
Obviously the current zip file for SX900 is corrupt: It is much smaller as the files for SX700 and Genos, and it cannot be unzipped correctly. I will let you know as soon as I notice that Yamaha has fixed the download for SX900.

Edit: Yamaha has fixed this issue. All versions of this Pack can be downloaded correctly now. :)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:28:20 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 07:54:38 PM »
Thank you very much, fikke, for providing the links!

P.S.
Obviously the current zip file for SX900 is corrupt: It is much smaller as the files for SX700 and Genos, and it cannot be unzipped correctly. I will let you know as soon as I notice that Yamaha has fixed the download for SX900.

Best regards,
Chris

Chris, I've downloaded them, both 700 and 900, and I extracted content without any problem! If you cannot download or extract, tell me and I will re-zip folders and I will upload them on my GDrive!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 08:24:32 PM »
Chris, I've downloaded them, both 700 and 900, and I extracted content without any problem! If you cannot download or extract, tell me and I will re-zip folders and I will upload them on my GDrive! ...

Thank you for your help, Vali!

Yamaha has apparently re-uploaded the SX900 zip file. Now the unzipping works perfectly. Originally the downloaded zip file was only about 35 MB in size. (I had downloaded it several times.) But now everything fits. :)

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: juketsu

Offline Patrick

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 02:22:50 AM »
Hi Chris the Forro traditionnal is still not working for me on the SX900; do you've the new update link, all the best Chris, thanks for all Patrick
 ;)

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 04:59:40 AM »
Hi Chris the Forro traditionnal is still not working for me on the SX900; do you've the new update link, all the best Chris, thanks for all Patrick
 ;)

Hi Patrick,

I don't have an SX900. But I was able to successfully download, unzip and import the SX900 version of the "Forro Tradicional" Pack into my YEM that contains an SX900 Install Target (see the attached picture). Therefore, the installation on the SX900 should actually work as desired.

As a precaution, I recommend that you download the Pack again via the following link (it's the original link from fikke from Reply #1):
>>> https://download.yamaha.com/files/tcm:39-1383276/

With such, relatively new Packs, it is important that you use the current YEM V2.8.1. If you are still using an older YEM version, please update to V2.8.1 first. (supports Windows 10 and 8.1). Important: On Windows, the old YEM version should always be properly uninstalled first, so do not simply install the new version "over" the old one.

By the way, I've just re-downloaded the SX900 version of the "Norte Brasil" Pack: It still won't import into my YEM. Obviously this file is still buggy (error message in YEM "The Pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capable of using this Pack.") :(

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 05:17:00 AM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Patrick

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 07:25:45 AM »
Hi Sorry for the mistake, yes it is the "Norte Brasil" that i was thinking of! This pack isn't loading in Yem; thanks for all Chris, cheers Patrick