Author Topic: Expansion of tyros 4  (Read 8722 times)

Biglou#1545

Expansion of tyros 4
« on: December 06, 2021, 04:21:19 PM »
 If there are no expansion packs for the Tyros 4 there is no need for the expansion module r the manager is there ? There certainly is no shortage of gig packs and voices here in the PSR easily downloaded to a USB . Am I correct ? I appreciate any input . thanks Biglou .

Offline tyrosguy85

Re: Expansion of tyros 4
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 06:10:24 PM »
I agree Biglou,
So annoying that the now free Yamaha packs will not work on a Tyros 4,I have no future plans to upgrade to a Tyros 5 or other keyboard.
Can anyone convert them to work for all us Tyros 4 owners?
Thanks
John.

Offline dragonkeys

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 06:50:53 PM »

You could try the "Superior Pack" pack of play sounds.

Best regards.

Michael

The following users thanked this post: mysterio FTS

Offline dragonkeys

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 06:51:53 PM »

Offline Arnak

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 01:02:57 PM »
Hi,

There are plenty of new voices and styles for the T4 out there :-

https://soundpacks.co.uk/collections/popular-packs/tyros-4

https://www.strawberrymusicltd.com/product-category/yamaha/yamaha-tyros-4/

Those should get you started plus a google search for Tyros 4 sounds will find even more.

Martin

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 04:06:48 PM »
I agree Biglou,
So annoying that the now free Yamaha packs will not work on a Tyros 4,I have no future plans to upgrade to a Tyros 5 or other keyboard.
Can anyone convert them to work for all us Tyros 4 owners?
Thanks
John.

Yes. It's so stupid from Yamaha not to make the T4 packs available, while they became free for Tyros5... I will never understand that. So many wonderfull voices that I will never be able to use in the keyboard, even if I wanted to pay for them.

Offline Denn

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 02:15:24 AM »
Are you looking for UVN voices to load into your extended memory?
Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 03:34:47 PM »
Well like everything keyboards change and have different applications and different ways of dealing with Sample packs. I think we must accept this.

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 10:43:30 AM »
Well like everything keyboards change and have different applications and different ways of dealing with Sample packs. I think we must accept this.

At least yamaha could provide the old expansion packs that were available at the time, not producing anything new for the T4.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2022, 12:54:54 PM »
Unfortunately this is a fact of life. Technology moves on and systems change. I know many people complained about having to wait for voices to load before you could play the keyboard and many wanted more space for there packs so Yamaha bought out the new system. 

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 09:39:02 AM »
Yes. It's so stupid from Yamaha not to make the T4 packs available, while they became free for Tyros5... I will never understand that. So many wonderfull voices that I will never be able to use in the keyboard, even if I wanted to pay for them.
We will never be able to understand the reason for all this.
There were extra audio styles for tyros5 that just disappeared from the store.
Those who did not buy can no longer buy.
And the reason?
Nobody knows.
Tyros5 for example does not have any Brazilian Yamaha pack like the other most current keyboards of the brand.
They make a lot of money, but they don't want to work to convert these packs and make them compatible with old keyboards.
They can do that, but it doesn't pay off, unfortunately.
The latin pack for example was available for Tyros4 and now not anymore, only for tyros5.
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

The following users thanked this post: NICK.VZ

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2023, 09:56:18 AM »
Unfortunately this is a fact of life. Technology moves on and systems change. I know many people complained about having to wait for voices to load before you could play the keyboard and many wanted more space for there packs so Yamaha bought out the new system.
Sorry, but that doesn't convince me.
I cannot accept as a justification for Yamaha to remove all available packs for the Tyros4. And I remember there were several, at a time when I couldn't buy these keyboards, nor these items in the online store, but I remember that perfectly.
Including several premium styles for the s910 that also disappeared. At the time, I really wanted to buy these styles, but I couldn't because I lacked experience with online shopping.

Yes, it's true that the Tyros4 has limitations regarding the amount of sampled voices, wave count limit etc, and it's good that Yamaha improved this in the other models.
But it's absurd the way she ages her old products.
I already said in another thread that here in Brazil, discarding a keyboard is not as simple as it seems.
There are users who can buy the best that technology has to offer and not use even 50%. And others who have a low purchasing power and must settle for what is available, as is the case.
Regards,
Gabriel

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

The following users thanked this post: NativeAngels

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2023, 11:01:08 PM »
There are still UVN files around which were used on Tyros 4 but they are third party ones and not the Yamaha voices.

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2023, 11:27:18 AM »
Yes, but no super articulation or live sounds like the ones on the expansion packs.
I'm with Gabriel: I still don't know why can't Yamaha offer the old packs like they do on the T5 and Genos. Just like the free Mixed Choir voice they offer on several official websites.

Offline serjoza

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2023, 03:59:03 AM »
.all packages are again available for download. Everyone can download them for free when registering the product
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 04:16:06 AM by serjoza »

The following users thanked this post: NativeAngels

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2023, 11:29:21 AM »
I’ve downloaded these and attempted to install them some worked, some unable to load. Have you managed to test these?

Offline overover

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2023, 03:52:48 PM »
I’ve downloaded these and attempted to install them some worked, some unable to load. Have you managed to test these?

Hi NativeAngels,

It is important to leave the names of the unpacked Premium Pack folders unchanged when copying them to the USB stick, i.e. the ending ".YP2" or ".yp2" in the folder name must be retained. Then the packs should be visible in “Function > Pack Installation” and they should can be installed from the USB stick.

Unfortunately I no longer have a Tyros4 and therefore can't try out what was said myself. I also don't know whether these packs that are currently being downloaded from Yamaha will work without first importing a "License Key". (Previously, when purchasing the first Premium Pack, the Tyros4 Instrument ID had to be uploaded to YamahaMusicSoft. Then you could download a "License Key" and had to import it into the Tyros4.) If necessary, I recommend asking Yamaha Support directly about this.

Here is some information about installing Premium Packs on Tyros4:
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRGkh5Pb694

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline overover

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2023, 04:04:27 PM »
.all packages are again available for download. Everyone can download them for free when registering the product

You should be able to download the zip file with the Tyros4 Premium Packs from the following link without logging in to the Yamaha website.

However, I don't know whether the Tyros4 has to be registered on the Yamaha site for successful installation of the packs and whether a "license key" is required. As already mentioned, please contact Yamaha Support directly if necessary.
>>> Tyros4 Download Files (.YP2).zip

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 04:05:58 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: tyrosguy85, thomas750, Amwilburn

Offline serjoza

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2023, 04:52:40 PM »
I installed them all without a problem and without a license key ;)

The following users thanked this post: thomas750

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2023, 08:27:14 PM »
How much memory does your Tyros4 have, my has the 512Mb expansion. I will try again tomorrow

Thanks for the information over and over.

Offline serjoza

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2023, 09:44:38 PM »
my TYROS 4 has 1 GB memory

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2023, 10:12:59 PM »
When you unzipped the archive did you put them all in the root of the usb drive ?

Offline serjoza

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2023, 07:35:13 AM »
yes, exactly like that and then gradually installed via pack installation
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 07:40:25 AM by serjoza »

The following users thanked this post: dE.niz

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2023, 12:49:03 PM »
For the Euro Organ and Entertainer packs I get data error

The following users thanked this post: NICK.VZ

Offline serjoza

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2023, 12:56:41 PM »
I think you don't have enough memory to install all the packages. It is necessary to have at least 300 Mb of free space on HD1

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2023, 01:37:11 PM »
I get a message saying data error for both the entertainer and Euro organ packs both have been re downloaded and unzipped. There is plenty of room on the hard disk.

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2023, 02:53:30 PM »
I format the expansion memory, then the Euro Organ Pack installed ok

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2023, 05:34:22 PM »
Problem was the usb drive I was using

Offline dE.niz

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2023, 10:02:31 AM »
yes, exactly like that and then gradually installed via pack installation
I downloaded these packs.
I am very grateful to you for this.
Everything works as desired, but be careful because you need at least 1 GB to install everything.
Reason 12 - Logic pro - midi keyboard controller Pcr 800 - Tyros 4 Black - Strat - Uke's .

Offline Denn

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2023, 02:28:17 AM »
Pleeeaase, How do you uninstall the expansion packs? I have many packs loaded on my T4 and I have wondered how I can off load some.
Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2023, 11:59:25 PM »
Where are all of you seeing the available packs? If I go the Yamaha Musicsoft, login, and select what's available for Tyros4, nothing appears...

EDIT: just saw the images of the above post... they are buried in the German site. Why Yamaha doesn't list them on the Muscisoft site still puzzles me...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 12:23:03 AM by whisperdancer »

Offline serjoza

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2023, 12:24:28 AM »
go a little higher in this thread and you'll find it
Tyros4 Download Files (.YP2).zip

Offline overover

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2023, 12:30:16 AM »
Where are all of you seeing the available packs? If I go the Yamaha Musicsoft, login, and select what's available for Tyros4, nothing appears...

EDIT: just saw the images of the above post... they are buried in the German site. Why Yamaha doesn't list them on the Muscisoft site still puzzles me...

Hi whisperdancer,

Just use the download link in my post above (as already mentioned by serjoza). This zip file contains all T4 packs currently officially provided by Yamaha. Copy the unzipped FOLDERS (whose names ends with ".YP2") onto a USB stick and connect it to the T4 to install the packs there.

You can also click on the following link to go up to my mentioned post:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,61491.msg506563.html#msg506563

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 12:32:37 AM by overover »

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2023, 11:32:35 AM »
Hi whisperdancer,

Just use the download link in my post above (as already mentioned by serjoza). This zip file contains all T4 packs currently officially provided by Yamaha. Copy the unzipped FOLDERS (whose names ends with ".YP2") onto a USB stick and connect it to the T4 to install the packs there.

You can also click on the following link to go up to my mentioned post:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,61491.msg506563.html#msg506563

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

Thank you.
I did manage to download them but I still didn't try it.
Unfortunatelly some packs aren't available, like the Celtic or Latin, which were part of the Premium pack offer in the past.

Offline overover

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2023, 12:00:01 PM »
Thank you.
I did manage to download them but I still didn't try it.
Unfortunatelly some packs aren't available, like the Celtic or Latin, which were part of the Premium pack offer in the past.

Thanks for your feedback, whisperdancer!

If I remember correctly, there was no Celtic and Latin pack for Tyros4 yet (but only from Tyros5 when the YEM technology was introduced). I'm not sure though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 12:01:07 PM by overover »

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2023, 05:53:08 PM »

If I remember correctly, there was no Celtic and Latin pack for Tyros4 yet (but only from Tyros5 when the YEM technology was introduced). I'm not sure though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,
Chris

I think you might be right on the Celtic pack.
They could still offer the Choir & Vocal pack, along with Vintage Keys (this one has nice e-pianos).

EDIT: I tried some of the packs and they load with no problems. Being the first packs I install, I was quite surprised bu the time they take to load compared to uvn files or packs (both on installation and booting). The entertainer pack takes forever...
But they certainly give some breath to an old keyboard and show that with the right sounds (that could be updated if yamaha wanted so) and correct EQ, volumes and  effect usage the T4 could hold on its own.
I have the superior pack from playsounds and sometimes the drum kits are enough for the instrument to sound different, but those SA and SA2 voices on yamaha packs are the real deal.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 11:34:46 AM by whisperdancer »

Offline user8342

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2024, 07:57:49 AM »
Hi all,

i have to reformat my Flash with the preinstalled Vintage Keyboard on the T4 Black Edition. Is there anyone who saved the install Package from Yamaha Music they prepared for accidently formated flash. Otherwise i can't reflash without loosing. Any help would be appreciated. Also by PM.

Best regards

Andi

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2024, 09:19:51 PM »

Best regards,
Chris
Hi Chris,
I found this video on YouTube that suggests it is a demo of the Tyros4's Latin pack. At least in the description, it talks about a midi made with the voices from the pack.
I recognized the percussion that seems to be the same as the latin pack for the tyros5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJM2NbFTo78

Regards,
Gabriel

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2024, 12:16:19 AM »
Yes, I don't remember the Celtic pack being around during the T4 era, but there was definitely the Latin pack, as one of my customers purchased it for her T4 and I had to install it for her. I believe another customer purchased the Balkan & Turkey pack for T4 as well.

Mark