Author Topic: Speakers  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Chrisy

Speakers
« on: December 01, 2023, 01:56:49 PM »
I have a Tyros 4 which I use with hi-fi amplifier and speakers in our lounge,  This restricts me whan I can play/practice.  I've never had any MS04 speakers and can't get any used ones.

Does anyone know if the ones for Tyros 5 will fit or is the mounting and wiring different.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Amwilburn

Re: Speakers
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 09:51:36 PM »
Well, the T1 to T4 speakers were the same with the same connections and were fully interchangeable, but won't work on any other keyboard.

The T5 ones are universal and will work with any keyboard. I have 1 pair left that I'm using for our PA5x display model (Korg's speaker bar just isn't that good, but it is compact). But they're no longer being made

And unfortunately, the GNSMS01 speakers will *not * work on T4. But T1-T5 speakers all will.

You *could* also just use a Yamaha Stagepas400 or 600 system. Or even a pair of HS8's if you aren't playing loudly (to all owners of HS8's, these are reference monitors not live monitors. Which means you can eventually blow them by using them at higher volumes or singing though them; you should never go into an HS series (or any reference monitors) with over 2/3 volume.

Yamaha DRX/DBX or Stagepas speaker systems are *live* sound reinforcement. Likewise JBL Eon's, QSC CP/K series, and Mackie SRM's (would all be designed for live sound use, but be aware the speakers with built in amplifiers I just mentioned are all rated around 1000w... so there is a very high noise floor if you tried using them in a studio environment! i.e. a ton of background hiss at low volumes.

Mark

Offline Denn

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 12:58:16 AM »
I play my T4 through my StagePas 300 set and it sounds great. I also have the MSO4 set on my T4. The StagePas 300 make the SX700 really come to life. On Christmas day I played to an audience of over 300 in a huge venue at the showgrounds and my SX700 with the StagePas 300 covered the area great. My opinion, the 300 speakers do not make a huge amount of noise but project the sound out. Whilst I went for my short lunch I played some of my recordings from the SX700 and I could hear the sounds well at the other end of the venue. Well worth the investment.
Regards, Denn. 
Love knitting dolls

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 07:01:11 PM »
Yup, a Yamaha Stagepas (the stereo ones, the mono ones are more for conference rooms. Or busking) is one of my recommendations, especially for living room, or garage-band playing, or if you need something that works at a small performance venue.

Mark