Author Topic: Push buttons needed for next sx series workstation like psr s 670 yamaha keyboar  (Read 1643 times)

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
A keyboard contains many mechanical switches or push-buttons called "keys". Psr s 670 have very nice push buttons.. of plastic.. very good quality. But sx900 the latest workstation not having the same but rubber push buttons.. I request next sx models must have psr s 670 type push buttons.. its my requestsx900 user
Clifford leo dsouza
cliffordleo

Offline Toril S

I tend to agree with you. I am not a huge fan of the rubber buttons either.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

vadesriux

Even more critical would be to include a keybed that doesnt develop mechanical noises as the ones Yamaha has equiped the SX700/900. Its a very nice and comfortable keybed, which is very easy to play near the top of the keys - great feature -, but has a big drawback: develops mechanical noises - for many like me, since when its still new.

As for the buttons I really like the fact they are made from hard rubber (very pleasing to press) but I agree this material atracts much dust that is in the air. I cover it with a lycra elastic sleeve when not playing.

BOAC

I just wish ALL the buttons lit, so difficult to "guess" where they are in the dark, thinking of getting an LED strip light on a stalk that plugs into the USB socket, don't know if like a pc they have power
Nick

Offline meyrick

From a personal point of view the push buttons are situated in the wrong place, above the keys.
If placed at the front of the keyboard under the keys, in most cases they would be much easier to operate while playing. Just saying.

Offline andyg

From a personal point of view the push buttons are situated in the wrong place, above the keys.
If placed at the front of the keyboard under the keys, in most cases they would be much easier to operate while playing. Just saying.

It was tried - epic fail. Too many accidental presses, in fact I'm not sure if many such attempts got past prototype. The idea goes back many years before keyboards were developed. Back then you had big, latching push buttons that were less likely to get pushed, but it still happened. Idea abandoned..... :)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com