Author Topic: Audio routing questions  (Read 1594 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Audio routing questions
« on: December 01, 2021, 05:11:07 PM »
I have access to a Bose speaker on my ( me, seated on stage ) LEFT .
I have options where I place my personal monitor..

What input is used for the BOSE on my left?

Which input for my speaker on my RIGHT

But here is the biggest issue I am having.. I am not consistently hearing the drum style as I need to.
I was wondering if the headphone out can be used for a mix that emphasizes the drum style?
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Audio routing questions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 05:12:00 PM »
If the Bose system you have access to is a vertical array, such as the L1 PAS, L1 Compact, etc..., you no longer need a monitor. These sound systems provide an incredible array with a 210 degree dispersion thereby eliminating the need for a separate monitor. You can just connect it to your standard keyboard outputs and everyone in your audience will hear exactly what you hear and at the same volume. The Bose system is very feedback resistant, and the falloff is less than 10 percent at 50 feet, whereas conventional speakers experience a 50 percent falloff at 50 feet.

Be sure to use a good quality, feedback resistant mic for your vocals. Something that enjoys a short range but super-cardiod or hyper-cardiod pickup. The Sennheiser E-855, Samson Q8 and some others in the same category will provide you with the best vocals.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline sugarplumsss

Re: Audio routing questions
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 07:10:50 PM »
Gary, I'm glad you are here.
I do not sing. I need a separate monitor mix.
The singer has a powerful voice
The singer is the leader
I am the back up guy.. I don't call the shots.

But he suggested head phones.
I want to try an external speaker though

I sense the leader only will tolerate me with one speaker.

Sometimes the drum style ( manual bass too )  needs to be louder for my position. That doesn't mean the audience or the singer need more drums.  Again, with all do respect to Bose ( I own an L1 with their sub ) wide dispersion... , I do need a monitor and mixed to my taste. So I ask about options for routing.
There are a number of outputs on the back of T4, and the headphone out, and using a stereo direct box.
I don't understand how the drums are panned and how that impacts the choice of rout for the signal to a monitor.

This question subdivides into Audio routing and audio distortion.

While on this subject - ( do I need to start a new thread? if yes, I will delete this )
There are a number of stages of gain in the signal chain.
I have not counted them but there is
the Master volume
the ninth slider to the left of the main 8 sliders
Voice set
amp settings
preamp
EQ settings

50 years with amps and I still know zero about gain stage, pre amp and the rest of it.
I know a bit about music.

Good to hear from you Gary
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 07:56:47 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.