Author Topic: PSR SX900 - Problems with Yamaha Italy assistance. (Resolved)  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Aquilauno

PSR SX900 - Problems with Yamaha Italy assistance. (Resolved)
« on: November 25, 2021, 11:53:15 AM »
Hi friends, I wrote in a topic that I had to send the SX900 for assistance due to a hardware problem (loss of the LAN configuration when the keyboard is turned off). I personally delivered the keyboard to the nearest Yamaha Service Center, but after a month and a half, not having any news, I called them. The answer was that the motherboard is not available to proceed with the repair, unknown the technical times to carry out the repair. I said that they have to tell me the timing as the times for a repair must be certain and reasonable (I mean that it is not acceptable, for example, to have to wait four / five months). In this case, in fact, the customer should be granted the replacement of the keyboard (in my opinion ... in the same way as a repair that is not possible, since the spare part is missing).
I was told that the replacement is not foreseen and can only be done by the seller (in my case purchased online a year and a half ago) and who did not want to replace it after 22 days of purchase, for the freeze on the logo that the SX900 had had.
The shop will asks me to send the keyboard by post and will deliver it to its Yamaha Service Center ... the problem will not be solved anyway.... so I was given a ridiculous answer.
What if the damage to the SX900 wasn't repairable? Who would have replaced it? In these cases, shouldn't giving the order to the shopkeeper be the same as the service center?
They took their time saying that they would contact the Yamaha area manager to find out the timing for having the spare part they ordered. Question: Has this happened to anyone? What would you do? And finally, is there anyone who works in Yamaha and who can advise me to protect my rights?
Pietro
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 06:51:21 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline EileenL

Re: PSR SX900 - Problems with Yamaha Italy assistance.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 12:11:42 PM »
You need to get in touch with Yamaha direct and speak to there technical dept.
   Here in the UK we are very lucky and can do this easily. Usually if they can't give you a fix over the phone we then have to get it either back to the dealer we purchased from of send it in its original box to the address they will give us.

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 03:15:27 PM »
Hi Eileen, I was unlucky with my keyboard already stuck on the Logo after 22 days of buying. The block which lasted about two months until the release of the new firmware which had restored its functioning (apparently ... because again under accusation is the memory of the SX900 (first the one intended for the USER now the one that should memorize the LAN configuration).
I am an honest person otherwise the idea of ​​giving it in exchange to buy a new... I would have implemented, without hesitation (since the keyboard, apparently, it work without problems) but it is not in my nature.
I only ask that being under warranty it be repaired in a certain and reasonable time, a certain date ... a month, two ... how long would be right to wait? Or otherwise, replaced.
Thanks for your post. Now I will try to contact Yamaha Europe directly and represent the matter, hoping to have res good news.
Pietro
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:18:26 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 04:06:07 PM »
Hi Pietro,

I am sorry you have a problem with sx900. I also followed the topic you opened regarding Wi Fi.
I had a similar problem. I live in Croatia (we are neighbors) and I bought Genos from a local seller in 2017. After a month of playing (I have more gigss) an error was shown during the shutdown. Genos sometimes couldn’t be turned off at the push of a button, so I had to unplug it from the power outlet.
https://youtu.be/17Ga8knhmYA?t=41
Everything else worked but this detail worried me a bit. I going to the store and they offered a good solution. They ordered a new instrument that arrived in 20 days. I then brought my Genos and we just made a replacement. I thanked the dealer and said this was a pretty business move. He replied that there were no problems because it was a Yamaha and that it was a common procedure with them. Other manufacturers like Korg or Roland don't do the same.

Here, my experience further confirms to you that you should contact Yamaha in person and describe the problem. I don’t think your seller up to date enough and interested in solving your problem.

Good luck.
Watch my video channel

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 10:22:22 PM »
Hi Casper, your posts lift my spirits, (as your video's  ;)) I feel less alone in front of this "sorrow" I have always loved music and playing, I learned the guitar self-taught and I wasted precious time before to start  learning the keyboard ... stop me now that i was starting to make a lot of progress it saddens me  ... i miss my sx900. Having said that, the problem is not with the seller (among other things, never again online purchases of musical instruments of this level, the direct and human relationship is priceless and you can find understanding that an anonymous stores on line cannot give you ). The problem arises with the Rome Assistance Center. He continues to say that replacement is not contemplated even if the repair is not available within a reasonable time. I have now written to
YAMAHA Music Europe GmbH
Siemensstrasse 22-34
25462 Rellingen
Germany
hoping to have a solving intervention at least in the timing of repair and return of the keyboard in acceptable times ... let's see what happens ... if I had economic availability I would run to buy a new SX900 (and resell the one in service once repaired ...)  ;D
Pietro
PS : if my wife authorizes me it is not said that she does not ... but alas I don't think she authorizes me :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 10:27:22 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline Teknoss

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 06:04:26 AM »
I had the same problem with the wifi (wireless LAN module) of my Genos, losing the configuration when I turned it off, and in the end it just stopped working.

I did the test mode and the wifi module gave me an error.
 I opened my Genos and found that the wifi module is separate from the mainboard (but inside) and connected with a usb cable.
The module was suspiciously very similar in size to the Tyros5 module that I still have (which is separate, not like the Genos that is inside the keyboard.)
I opened the Tyros5 module and discovered that (as I suspected) it is exactly the same wifi module in both keyboards, only that in the Genos it is included inside but in the Tyros5 it is in a separate housing.
So I removed the case of the module and installed that module from the Tyros5 to the Genos.
It worked and continues to work perfectly.

If this is the same problem with your sx900, it is probably the same wifi module that Yamaha uses in different models.

On the Genos it is the (wireless LAN module) part number: ZW969200 (here in USA)
and in other countries it’s the part number: ZW969100  (I don't know for which countries, but I know they are different wifi frequencies)

Hope this info helps.
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 10:19:36 AM »
Grazie Teknoss,
I take this opportunity to ask you if it is normal that the factory reset leaves the files (recordings, styles, voices etc ...) in the USER memory as well as the expansin pack's loaded in memory, or the reset delete everything that resides in memory. Because that's what happened in my SX900 (everything remains in memory), the service center says this is normal.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 12:37:08 PM »
Yes this is normal. A reset will put the keyboard back to factory settings so this means the settings you may have made on things like assignable settings and effects will go back to how it left the factory. It won't delete anything from your memories.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 08:33:48 PM »
Pietro, you have my deepest sympathy. I send you a virtual hug! In 2017 I purchased my PSR-S970, after having my PSR 2100 for 14 years. I was so happy! All was well, but one summer day the keyboard just hissed at me when I turned it on. It sounded like a very angry beast! I went to the music sture with it, and the whole staff gathered around the keyboard and said this was new! They had never seen a Yamaha do that!  We have a repair shop here in Trondheim, but it was summer holiday, so they sent the keyboard to Oslo. I waited and waited. Finally, after 6 weeks, I got a message from the store that I could come and collect my keyboard. In the taxi I got a very bad feeling, so I asked to see the keyboard before I took it back home. Glad that I did. When I touched it I got a shock! The whole area around the headphone socket was smashed in, and wires were dangling out of the hole! Someone had obviously dropped it on the floor. Now started a discussion about who was responsible, the postal service, the music store or the repair shop. 4 months went by while they bickered about who was to blame.  I was left with no keyboard! I had to dig out my trusty, old 2100 again, and I also purchased a used Tyros5. Then, four days before Christmas Yamaha sent me a new keyboard! That is how I got my S975! So I know how you feel! Hang in there!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 12:21:53 PM »
Hi Toril
The law is very strict as regards the protection of consumers, despite this often the assistance centers do not care much. This is because filing a lawsuit is more expensive than buying a new keyboard. I start from an observation, the keyboard is under warranty, it is my right to receive assistance and the repair of the fault ... stop. I do not care about the problems that there are for the availability of spare parts, it is not my responsibility. Here want to make problems fall on customers as if force majeure justifies and relieves the service center / seller / manufacturer of their responsibilities. In my interest it is to have in certain and reasonable times what I am entitled to by law ... The responsibilities belong to others and they must be assumed. Having said that, I can't help but suffer and hope that the solution will soon be found, meanwhile the Christmas holidays spent playing seem compromised, difficult to have the keyboard back for December 25th. But hope must never abandon us ... wise words Toril.
PS: I remember your keyboard ... it's terrible to open a box and find such damage, but the worst thing is to find people who don't take their responsibility by trying to dump it on the customer ... (if  did not you notice of the damage, probably, they would have blamed you) ... . By the way, I found a used (2017) Genos for 3000 euros .... ah! if I had the availability I would do me  just this big gift !!! lol

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 12:22:31 PM »
thank you all for your solidarity  :)

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 01:10:54 PM »
Grazie Teknoss,
I take this opportunity to ask you if it is normal that the factory reset leaves the files (recordings, styles, voices etc ...) in the USER memory as well as the expansin pack's loaded in memory, or the reset delete everything that resides in memory. Because that's what happened in my SX900 (everything remains in memory), the service center says this is normal.

Yes this is normal. A reset will put the keyboard back to factory settings so this means the settings you may have made on things like assignable settings and effects will go back to how it left the factory. It won't delete anything from your memories.

Hi Pietro,

if you perform only a System Reset (by holding down the right-most white key while powering on OR using the display "Menu > Utility > Factory Reset/Backup > page 1/2 > Factory Reset" (tick the desired checkboxes), your files in the User drive will remain.

But when a Full Factory Reset using the internal Test Program is performed correctly, ALL internal flash memory areas including all files in the User drive are deleted (during the "Force Format Mode" function that is automatically executed at the first restart after executing the Test items "Factory Set" followed by "Exit Test") .

If the User drive is not empty after a Full Factory Reset from the internal Test Program, something must have gone wrong when you ran the two mentioned Test items.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 01:16:38 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2021, 09:32:18 PM »
Yes Chris you already told me this ... and I not only trust you but I totally agree ... The "problem" is that the Service Center Technician told me clearly that it is not so.
I wanted to be 100% sure to confirm my opinion on the service center technician. Now, the question is... I gave my keyboard to whom? Lol
Pietro

PS do you know if the WIFI module is also separate in the SX900?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 09:37:33 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2021, 11:55:28 PM »
Wi-Fi is not built into SX900 as it is in Genos You have to use a dongle. I use D-Link DWL-122 which came with my Tyros 5.

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 12:41:28 AM »
Yes Chris you already told me this ...

PS do you know if the WIFI module is also separate in the SX900?

Hi Pietro,

The Yamaha USB WiFi adapter "UD-WL01" is normally used with the SX900. This is the same adapter that came with the Tyros5. Exactly this adapter is built into the Genos (without housing, only the circuit board) and also connected internally via USB.

Wi-Fi is not built into SX900 as it is in Genos You have to use a dongle. I use D-Link DWL-122 which came with my Tyros 5.

@Eileen
So far I was of the opinion that only the mentioned Yamaha USB WiFi adapter works with Tyros5 and PSR-SX models. Are you sure that the "D-Link DWL-122" adapter you mentioned works with the SX900? (As already mentioned, the Yamaha "UD-WL01" adapter usually comes with the Tyros5.)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 04:18:24 PM »
So friends here are the latest news, the Yamaha Service Center manager just called ... They will replace my keyboard as soon as possible (I hope they wanted to tell ... very quickly as possible lol). Yamaha, warned  the shop (Panharmonikon.net) where I bought it of the necessary replacement, and, that he made himself available to solve the question. For the seller the problem is only understanding how to proceed ... (they think Yamaha will send them a new keyboard, but I believe they must send the keyboard and receive the refund from Yamaha, otherwise the "parent company" would have sent me the keyboard, directly). Now I just hope that by Christmas I can get my little girl back ... In these cases I assume that the guarantee remains the residual one of the first keyboard ... and does not start from scratch. However, I will have time to check that everything is okay. Now I will have to travel 40 + 40 km to get the WIFI Lan adapter back ... but it will be 80 km of joyful happiness found. Is really true Toril hope must always be in our thoughts ... When the story ends definitively I will let you know ... thanks to all.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 04:28:02 PM by Aquilauno »

Offline ckobu

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 05:17:58 PM »
Pietro, this is great news.
I hope you will play beautiful festive songs for Christmas.
Watch my video channel

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2021, 06:50:34 PM »
Hi friends,
A new baby girl is at home, but the joy is clouded by an unfortunate fact that it is right to point out here. Meanwhile, it was not easy, the shop owner, that had to replace the SX900 was waiting from Yamaha the new keyboard. to then send it to me (try to imagine the time needed) I had to insist a lot.  After a week, the shop was convinced and sent me the new SX900.
First sensation joy just looking at it, I mount the keyboard, it works it is perfect with its scent of new LOL.
Second sensation, slight discomfort, the keys are, to my touch, hard (obviously they are new) eh! eh! I was used to the wear and click clack noise of the "old" keyboard.
Now comes the fun, I take the UD-WL01 LAN adapter, it connects, I turn off, I turn on, connection lost. Verdict is the keyboard was probably not faulty, but the LAN adapter is faulty, as had been said by Teknoss (post n. 6).
I had specified to the pseudo Technician of the Assistance Center to check the adapter and he told me that he had done it and that the problem was the keyboard, motherboard to be replaced.
At this point you will say that you care, now, you have a new keyboard better this way.
No! friends, I'm very happy it's true, but I waited two months without a keyboard, it could have been more, I got angry, I had to urge insistently, I made two trips of 80 km, one to bring the keyboard, the other to go to resume the adapter, I risked having, the SX900 motherboard replaced without there being a real need and, after who knows how many months, I would have found myself with the problem of the faulty adapter (which among other things was the first serious suspected).
It went well for me, but how many will not go like this due to the superficiality of a Service Center technician? Why waste time to understand which tooth is bad, we remove them all and the problem is solved in one go (but not always). The adapter has not been tested, or, I am so unfortunate that even the new sx900 is malfunctioning. ;D
Now I'm very happy with how things went, I have a new sx900, the adapter works for now (even if I have to reconnect it at every start), the temptation to buy another one to get a feedback is great.
Now I'm going to play that I have already wasted too much time, we can hear from you for Christmas greetings...
Stay healthy
Pietro

Offline ckobu

Re: PSR SX900 - Problems with Yamaha Italy assistance. (Resolved)
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2021, 07:01:08 PM »
Bravo Piertro,
I am glad that you will spend the holiday playing. In the end, however, everything ended as it should have, although it could have been simpler.
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: hans1966, Aquilauno