Author Topic: new os sx  (Read 3928 times)

Offline rene

new os sx
« on: December 01, 2021, 10:37:37 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, hans1966, rezaazadi1361, overover, reya, rogerbeaudry

Offline overover

Re: new os sx
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 11:42:46 AM »
Thanks for this information, Rene!

@all
The changes from SX900 (V1.05) and SX700 (V1.04) to V1.10 are obviously exactly the same as from Genos V2.02 to V2.10:

Version history
V1.05 to V1.10 (SX900)
V1.04 to V1.10 (SX700)

- You can now change the tempo with dial operation directly (without pressing the [TEMPO] button) while the home display is shown.
- The maximum value of "Pattern Length" of the Style Creator has been extended from 32 to 128 bars.
- You can now set whether or not a file is loaded immediately when it is selected with the dial when the file selection display is active.

By the way, there are also new manuals (Owner's Manual and Reference Manual "b0"; the Data List has not yet changed):
SX900 Downloads >>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs
SX700 Downloads >>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/downloads.html#product-tabs

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 11:44:09 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, hans1966, rezaazadi1361, johan

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 02:02:50 PM »
Thanks Rene, and Chris.
The update went very easy, just under 2 minutes, and good to go.

Casper has already posted a video from the Genos, exactly the same on SX-900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFivz5_zJiY

Cheers,  Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

The following users thanked this post: Pityus

Live Musician Newbie

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 09:24:35 AM »
Greatly sad sad that they haven't included the two to three additional portamento elements that are found in the A5000 (Velocity and time options)

I mean, the functionality is already there (can be adjusted via YEM 2.8.1 for new patches) They just needed to add the GUI elements (Sliders, and options in Common 2)

I would have booked one right away.  :'(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 09:31:19 AM by Live Musician Newbie »

Offline XofSwords

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 11:15:03 AM »
Thanks for this information, Rene!

@all
The changes from SX900 (V1.05) and SX700 (V1.04) to V1.10 are obviously exactly the same as from Genos V2.02 to V2.10:

Version history
V1.05 to V1.10 (SX900)
V1.04 to V1.10 (SX700)

- You can now change the tempo with dial operation directly (without pressing the [TEMPO] button) while the home display is shown.
- The maximum value of "Pattern Length" of the Style Creator has been extended from 32 to 128 bars.
- You can now set whether or not a file is loaded immediately when it is selected with the dial when the file selection display is active.

By the way, there are also new manuals (Owner's Manual and Reference Manual "b0"; the Data List has not yet changed):
SX900 Downloads >>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs
SX700 Downloads >>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/downloads.html#product-tabs

Best regards,
Chris

I don’t know what any of that stuff is...is there much point in doing the update? Assuming it fixes the “unexpected error” situation too?

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 01:57:37 PM »
I don’t know what any of that stuff is...is there much point in doing the update? Assuming it fixes the “unexpected error” situation too?

Hi XofSwords,

It is generally advisable to always install the latest Firmware update on Yamaha keyboards. In addition to the changes mentioned in the version history, small bug fixes and stability improvements are almost always made. In the present case, I would install the update simply because of the improvements in the use of the data dial (tempo setting and file selection method). :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

vadesriux

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 03:18:21 PM »
Its better to have an update from time to time than no updates at all. So, thank you Yamaha!

andorra

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2021, 07:43:56 AM »

andorra

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 01:35:26 PM »
Hi XofSwords,

It is generally advisable to always install the latest Firmware update on Yamaha keyboards. In addition to the changes mentioned in the version history, small bug fixes and stability improvements are almost always made. In the present case, I would install the update simply because of the improvements in the use of the data dial (tempo setting and file selection method). :)

Best regards,
Chris

But if there are even minor flaws in it, you will be able to complain about it, won't you?

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 01:53:28 PM »
A little lesson for those who chase daydreams....

But if there are even minor flaws in it, you will be able to complain about it, won't you?

I don't quite understand the point of your posts, andorra.

There is no software that is one hundred percent error-free. With Yamaha keyboards, it is highly recommended to always install the latest firmware version.

Best regards,
Chris

andorra

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2021, 12:07:51 PM »
I don't quite understand the point of your posts, andorra.

There is no software that is one hundred percent error-free. With Yamaha keyboards, it is highly recommended to always install the latest firmware version.

Because I still remember the posts in which many expressed their dreams of what changes they were hoping for in the next firmware update. In comparison, nothing happened, as sober-minded people had predicted.

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2021, 04:03:42 PM »
bonjour
new o.s. for sx 900 -  https://de.yamaha.com/de/support/updates/firm_psr-sx900.html
and sx 700 - https://de.yamaha.com/de/support/updates/firm_psr-sx700.html

i used update now we can directly use style temp by dialer.. its working. usfull after update.. so better to update to 1.10 o.s.
cliffordleo