Author Topic: New Genos firmware 2.10  (Read 8418 times)

Offline Teknoss

New Genos firmware 2.10
« on: December 01, 2021, 05:59:26 AM »
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52, terryB, loendersloot, metsasarv, overover, reya, Toril S, vanzee, Roshure, GUILLERMO

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: New Genos firmware 2.10
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 06:03:56 AM »
About the update:

[V2.02 to V2.10]
- You can now change the tempo with dial operation directly (without pressing the [TEMPO] button) while the Home display is shown.
- The maximum value of "Pattern Length" of the Style Creator has been extended from 32 to 128 bars.
- You can now set whether or not a file is loaded immediately when it is selected with the dial when the File Selection display is active.

There is also a new dokumentation, such as Genos Owner manual etc.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 06:15:55 AM by Gunnar Jonny »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

The following users thanked this post: AndiiRoo, GUILLERMO, rcs1966

Offline ckobu

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 10:51:27 AM »
This is a video showing the installation of the Firmware and new features in V2.10.

https://youtu.be/LFivz5_zJiY
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: overover, DaveS, GUILLERMO, rcs1966

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 12:46:44 PM »
Interesting updates.

The first update, "You can now change the tempo with dial operation directly (without pressing the [TEMPO] button) while the Home display is shown" is of no use to me because I always play the Genos with the Mixer displayed. It gives me fast access to all kinds of parameters without having to go through the Home page all the time.

I'm also reluctant to do any further updates because of the hoops you must jump through. I followed the last major update instructions to the letter and I still must use the Freeze button after I select the Slider Assign display that I want at the beginning of any playing session. I never needed to use the Freeze function before the last update. Something went wrong with my System settings and no one was able to sort out the problem here. I really wish Yamaha's OS was less convoluted.

I'm not trying to piddle on anyone's parade about this interesting update but I like my Genos just the way it is :).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 01:50:39 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline rcs1966

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 01:02:20 PM »
I'm sad. Sorry, this update does not include:
- Attach PDF or JPG for registration (digital sheet music)

The following users thanked this post: Eric, B

Offline Dnj

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 01:31:02 PM »
Works like a charm on my Genos.. luv the new features..
Just Installed no problems

thanx Yamaha

Offline RONBO

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 04:11:46 PM »
Hello all

I seem to be getting nowhere downloading this new version on my Mac computer.

Am I out of luck?

I did the version 2.2 when I got the new Genos.  But with this one, no luck

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 04:49:59 PM »
Hello all

I seem to be getting nowhere downloading this new version on my Mac computer.

Am I out of luck?

I did the version 2.2 when I got the new Genos.  But with this one, no luck

regards

Ron

Hi Ron,

What exactly is your problem? The download is independent of which computer you are using. Just click the link in the first post of this thread and scroll all the way down. Check the box next to "Yes, I agree" and then click the download button below to download the zip file to your Mac.

Depending on the setting, the zip file may be automatically extracted on the Mac. If not, you will have to do this manually. You then copy the unzipped .PRG file to a USB stick (directly into "root", not into a folder!). Yamaha recommends formatting the stick used directly on the keyboard. In my experience, however, this is not absolutely necessary. It is only important that the stick is formatted in FAT32 format and that there is enough free space for the .PRG file.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline RONBO

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 05:02:33 PM »
Thanks for your response, Chris.

I can get it to download, no problem.

A Mac usually extracts a download automatically, just like you said.

I think it is not being extracted like usual.

I have transferred what's there to a stick and headed for the genos.

All I get there is a message saying "insert the media".  I already made the insertion at startup.

So I started up genos, then put the stick in; same message!

At this point I am at a loss for an answer

regards

Ron

PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 07:09:59 PM »
Thanks for your response, Chris.

I can get it to download, no problem.

A Mac usually extracts a download automatically, just like you said.

I think it is not being extracted like usual.

I have transferred what's there to a stick and headed for the genos.

All I get there is a message saying "insert the media".  I already made the insertion at startup.

So I started up genos, then put the stick in; same message!

At this point I am at a loss for an answer ...

Hi Ron,

As I said, you have to copy the extracted .PRG file to the USB stick, not the downloaded .zip file.

The full filename of the downloaded file is "genos_v210.zip". If you cannot find the extracted file (full name is "GENOSSETUP.PRG") on the hard drive of your Mac, simply double-click on the downloaded zip file to open it. In this window (the opened zip archive) you should find the file "GENOSSETUP.PRG". Select this file, copy it and paste it on the USB stick. The file should be extracted automatically when you do this.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 07:20:10 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 08:01:58 PM »
Teknoss

thanks for letting us know . . . will update Genos  soon . . . .

have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline RONBO

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 08:08:11 PM »
Thanks Chris

I’ll try this again when i get home from work

Regards

Ron

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline reya

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 08:51:34 PM »
Ron,
Make shure there no other USB stick allready in your Genos (bottom connector or so) as this may prevent Genos from looking at the USB stick that contains the update.
Best Regards
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 08:58:28 PM »
I updated my Genos without any problems.  I like having to be able to use the dial to set tempo from the Home Screen. It's not something I'll use all the time but it is helpful.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Karlos

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 09:02:17 PM »
Ron,
Make shure there no other USB stick allready in your Genos (bottom connector or so) as this may prevent Genos from looking at the USB stick that contains the update.

Made no difference to the update for me. I have a usb stick in bottom, plugged 2nd usb with the update firmware on it on the top usb port. Turned keyboard  on holding start/stop button and after a few seconds the keyboard found the update. All went fine.

Offline overover

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 09:22:32 PM »
Made no difference to the update for me. I have a usb stick in bottom, plugged 2nd usb with the update firmware on it on the top usb port. Turned keyboard  on holding start/stop button and after a few seconds the keyboard found the update. All went fine.

Hi Karlos,

Have you checked whether Update V2.10 was actually installed?

If the USB stick at the bottom of the Genos would also contain a .PRG file, it would be possible that this (older) update was reloaded, since access to the USB sticks is random if two sticks are connected at the same time.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline Karlos

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2021, 09:32:08 PM »
Hi Chris. V2.10 is installed I checked.
The bottom usb stick is always left connected.
I know the Geno's can be funny when it comes to usb 1 and usb 2.
 :)

Offline Ray

Re CVP 809 firmware
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2021, 10:00:28 PM »
I see posts re new firmware upgrade for the Genos. My CVP 809 has version 1.07. Can someone please tell me if that is the latest update for my instrument, or should it now have the Genos update, as I believe, it has a similar “engine” to Genos, please correct me if I’m  wrong. Thankyou.

Offline overover

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2021, 10:10:18 PM »
Hi Chris. V2.10 is installed I checked.
The bottom usb stick is always left connected.
I know the Geno's can be funny when it comes to usb 1 and usb 2.
 :)

Thanks for the quick answer, Karlos! Then everything fits. :)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline overover

Re: Re CVP 809 firmware
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2021, 10:18:08 PM »
I see posts re new firmware upgrade for the Genos. My CVP 809 has version 1.07. Can someone please tell me if that is the latest update for my instrument, or should it now have the Genos update, as I believe, it has a similar “engine” to Genos, please correct me if I’m  wrong. Thankyou.

Hi Ray,

Firmware updates are always model-specific. So you can only install CVP-809 updates on your instrument.

V1.07 is the current Firmware version for the CVP-809. I recommend to visit the CVP-809 download site from time to time and to check if there are new downloads:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/pianos/clavinova/cvp-809/downloads.html#product-tabs

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: Ray

Offline RONBO

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2021, 12:51:24 AM »
Hi Ron,

As I said, you have to copy the extracted .PRG file to the USB stick, not the downloaded .zip file.

The full filename of the downloaded file is "genos_v210.zip". If you cannot find the extracted file (full name is "GENOSSETUP.PRG") on the hard drive of your Mac, simply double-click on the downloaded zip file to open it. In this window (the opened zip archive) you should find the file "GENOSSETUP.PRG". Select this file, copy it and paste it on the USB stick. The file should be extracted automatically when you do this.

Best regards,
Chris

Hello Chris

I have done some trouble-shooting and discovered that the Mac is doing all the right things, that is downloading the upgrade, unzipping it and finally copying the version to a USB stick.

At this point I have taken the stick to the Genos, but not putting it in position yet.I do the start-up holding the start-stop button as I press the main power button

From there the screen says its looking for something or other , then asks for me to insert the media, the USB, I presume.

Nothing else happens after that; It just stays that way.

This is where I'm at right now. I even tried a soft reset, and that did not help.

So, the Mac is doing its job. It's when we ask Genos to do the upgrade, it seems to not work.There has to be a way.

regards

Ron
P.S. has anyone on the forum successfully done this upgrade using a Mac computer?

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline overover

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2021, 01:09:29 AM »
Hi Ronbo,

Has it been ensured that the USB stick is correctly formatted (FAT32 format)? (If in doubt, you can format the stick directly on the Genos. Note, however, that ALL DATA from the stick will be DELETED!)

And did you really copy the .PRG file into the "root" of the USB stick, ie not into a folder on the stick?

P.S.
You could check the exact file size of the unzipped GENOSSETUP.PRG file (call up properties of the file), it must be exactly 324,482,560 bytes. The downloaded zip file may be damaged. To be on the safe side, I recommend downloading the update again from the Yamaha site.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:19:59 AM by overover »

Offline RONBO

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2021, 01:53:34 AM »
 Hello Chris,

I'm happy to report that I have finally had a breakthrough and am now able to download the new version 2.10

I formatted the Usb as you suggested.  I redownloaded the version again, for the seventh time.

Funny,but it did not work on the keyboard.

So I thought it over and decided to rename the download on the stick to GENOSSETUP.PRG.

That' a change fromGENOSSETUP-2.PRG. I was trying to use one that the Genos I suppose does not recognize.

Go figure.  Thanks to you I was able to get what I wanted-version 2.1

Perhaps you can tell me where I went wrong.

Not tonight

Thanks Again

regards

Ron

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline Rich Z

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2021, 03:49:54 AM »
About the update:

[V2.02 to V2.10]
- You can now change the tempo with dial operation directly (without pressing the [TEMPO] button) while the Home display is shown.
- The maximum value of "Pattern Length" of the Style Creator has been extended from 32 to 128 bars.
- You can now set whether or not a file is loaded immediately when it is selected with the dial when the File Selection display is active.

There is also a new dokumentation, such as Genos Owner manual etc.

Were there also bugs addressed in this update?  If those three items are the only things addressed, seems kind of a feeble reason to release an update.  To me, anyway.  Just doesn't seem to be enough meat on the plate to sit down for the meal.  YMMV, of course.
Genos, Korg Kronos, two left feet for hands.  :(

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2021, 04:39:45 AM »
Were there also bugs addressed in this update?  If those three items are the only things addressed, seems kind of a feeble reason to release an update.  To me, anyway.  Just doesn't seem to be enough meat on the plate to sit down for the meal.  YMMV, of course.

Agreed. Of all the things we've asked for on this site, I would put the 2.1 enhancements at the bottom of the list. Don't think Yamaha is listening to us.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2021, 08:11:11 AM »
Don't think Yamaha is listening to us.

Well, that's maybe so, but at least it's look like they still have not totally forgotten about Genos. 😏
There is still hope in the hanging line.... 😁
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline frozzers

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2021, 08:17:46 AM »
Hello Chris,

I'm happy to report that I have finally had a breakthrough and am now able to download the new version 2.10

I formatted the Usb as you suggested.  I redownloaded the version again, for the seventh time.

Funny,but it did not work on the keyboard.

So I thought it over and decided to rename the download on the stick to GENOSSETUP.PRG.

That' a change fromGENOSSETUP-2.PRG. I was trying to use one that the Genos I suppose does not recognize.

Go figure.  Thanks to you I was able to get what I wanted-version 2.1

Perhaps you can tell me where I went wrong.

Not tonight

Thanks Again

regards

Ron

Ron

NB This is what used to happen to me before I updated to the latest Mac OS 'Monterey'.

When you download a zip file on a Mac, the Mac automatically unzips the file for you and places the file in your Downloads folder. If you don't remove that file and you download another instance of the zip, your Mac will unzip it and place it in your Downloads folder but this time it'll rename the file by adding a numerical extension '-1'. If you download another and don't remove the first two, the file will be renamed with '-2' added. This pattern will continue if you keep downloading with '-3', '-4' added and so on. At no time, will you be informed that you already have a copy of the file in your Downloads folder. Your Mac will assume you intended to download multiple instances of the download.

I'm sure, at an early stage of the process, you must have copied the original download to your USB stick and tried updating with it. If you did, I don't know why it didn't work. However, I do know that trying to use the file with the '-2' addition (your third download) wouldn't work because the Genos was looking for the file without the numerical addition. By renaming the file, you didn't alter it - it was, as I've hopefully explained - a copy of the original file.

You can check all this by having a look in your Trash folder. You should have 7 zips in there.

As I said at the start, this used to be the process prior to Monterey. Now, when I download multiple instances, it still doesn't warn you you've got the file already but this time, it won't duplicate the original file. This, to my mind, is a much more sensible process.

Cheers

Chris

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2021, 11:11:40 AM »
Agreed. Of all the things we've asked for on this site, I would put the 2.1 enhancements at the bottom of the list. Don't think Yamaha is listening to us.

Fred

Well fred they did not listen to my request Step edit user style chords request.
Still no decent style editor that simplifies the process. EMC did a great job of making one but that became totally glitchy and unusable after updates. Now extinct. I lost over £100 on that.  Midi to style does not work for me (exceptions)  on my I7 computer and i find Midisoft to long winded to make styles
Yamaha also dropped XG for the people who loved it.
They do not listen in my opinion.
This is just a cosmetic update.
It may be a sign that Yamaha are preparing for a new keyboard sometime soon.

All the Best
John
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 11:48:11 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline overover

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2021, 02:09:24 PM »
Hello Chris,

I'm happy to report that I have finally had a breakthrough and am now able to download the new version 2.10 ...

That' a change from GENOSSETUP-2.PRG. I was trying to use one that the Genos I suppose does not recognize. ...

Hi Ron,

Obviously, the Mac changes the file name when automatically extracting downloaded files and adds a consecutive number in front of the file extension (e.g. "-2") if the file name in question already exists in the Downloads folder. .

In the present case, however, the file name must not be changed, so it may be necessary to rename the file manually to "GENOSSETUP.PRG".

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 02:14:35 PM by overover »

Offline RONBO

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2021, 02:28:12 PM »
To the two chris’s

You have both given great explanations as to what happened to me. Many thanks for your input

Best regards

Ron

Proud Genos2 owner

Offline pjd

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2021, 07:32:23 PM »
They did not listen to my request Step edit user style chords request.
Yamaha also dropped XG for the people who loved it.

Hi John --

I share your frustration with respect to lack of user styles in Chord Step Edit (Song Creator).

Ummm, but XG is certainly there. Sure, one needs to take extra steps to access the voices. Maybe you have something else in mind?

Given the update, I'm not in much hurry to install it.

Take care -- pj

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2021, 08:37:17 PM »
That update is like updating a Ferrari with a pine tree air freshener to hang on your mirror

However it's at least comforting to know someone at Yamaha hasn't forgotten about Arrangers
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2021, 09:37:41 PM »
Hi  PjD

Iwould install it to keep the machine up to date

Who would need 120 or more bars in a style. A 120 bar intro is ok  if you want to make grand stage appearance  like Iron Maiden or fancy a couple of budweisers before you start or get puffed out in the middle of your perfomance. ;D ;D ;D
This is why we have a sequencer  - same job but easier.
Yes the update is a little miserly.

All the best
John :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 09:51:47 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2021, 07:16:43 AM »
......Yes the update is a little miserly.

Some have had their wishes fulfilled, but I do not remember seeing this mentioned among all the input from users.
You never know, but it may be that Yamaha has something that makes this come into its own in the next update?
I have installed the update, in case there are any minor bugs included as well. It only took a couple of minutes and all my settings are intact. 👍🙂
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline EileenL

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2021, 12:47:12 PM »
Irrespective of what updates contain they should always be done as they are not only adding things but also curing small faults that have been reported.
  I feel sometimes there is too much Yamaha bashing on here because some people don't always get what they want. I think that we forget that Yamaha and all its staff have been hit by Covid the same as everyone else and some staff still working from home.

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2021, 01:08:29 PM »
No bashing here, Eileen. I'm stating a fact ;). After my last update, I would need to alter over 450 registrations manually to have the correct windows displayed. Thank God they put the Freeze button in. It's a good work-around but still shouldn't be needed. Even with Murray Best's program, it would take a long time to fix the issue - assuming his program can do it. Virtually every computer program I've owned over the past 40 years has left the original program settings and formats the same after an update.

I certainly agree with you about people wanting more. There were only a few scant updates in this release, which are handy for some. I don't need any of them. If there were critical components that needed fixing, then Yamaha should specify this. Perhaps they did and I missed it?

I don't think the work from home idea has much merit either. Millions are doing the same as evidenced by many companies who are going to rethink their lease agreements in the huge cities. Office space in large downtowns costs a fortune. The engineers "see" the same information on their home computers as they see at work.

Perhaps Yamaha has more goodies on the way. As someone mentioned, they haven't disappeared off the Genos radar, as evidenced by this last update. Perhaps the update was bait to find out what else needs improvement. Yamaha is very good at monitoring this site. There may be more coming goodies down the pipe :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2021, 03:57:24 PM »
Hello Lee,
  Well I have never heard of Yamaha monitoring any site In fact a few years ago when I met the Japanese designers at Yamaha Milton Keynes they did not believe in Forums. They like to be notified directly of any problems.
   What problem did you have with your registrations I took a direct copy of my Tyros 5 hard drive and then loaded on Genos and everything worked as it should. Never has an update altered this for me.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2021, 04:15:29 PM »
...  Well I have never heard of Yamaha monitoring any site In fact a few years ago when I met the Japanese designers at Yamaha Milton Keynes they did not believe in Forums. They like to be notified directly of any problems...

Eileen,

I was told directly by Yamaha Tech Support USA that I should post my suggestions for updates or new features on this forum because they monitor this forum on a regular basis.  They also stated that they don't want suggestions directly from users for legal reasons.  I assume they meant that some people would want to be compensated for new features suggested by them.

BTW... in the USA we cannot contact Japan designers directly but must go through Tech Support in California, who will contact Japan to get answers.  I get the impression from reading posts on this forum that Yamaha Tech Support functions differently in different parts of world. It seems to me that the UK has much better communications and support from Yamaha than most countries.

Joe H
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 05:00:34 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2021, 04:22:03 PM »
Hi Eileen.
I reckon something is on the horizon, that is why the update was pitiful. Maybe just maybe Yamaha might drop a bomshell this Christmas. We all need cheering up in these times.
I cant spend money because of this covid, so what a good time for Yamaha to give us some joyful news.
I want to go on some cruises before i get to the walking stick or rocking chair ;D.
No good kissing the £ notes  because they wont kiss you back!! :) ;)
I notified Yamaha about the user style editing in step mode  and all i got was , "We will pass it on the the right department".
Also updating from Tyros 5 to Genos , i lost a lot of nuances in the user styles that i made and all had to be touched up again ::)
I will put a few songs out this Christmas and hope you and your other half are staying healthy
I tell you what Eileen that Farmologie Moisterising Pink Grapefruit cream keeps the Psoriasis well down . For me almost gone.
I hate my body make it's own mind up, i want to decide. Auto Immune rubbish i mean. :)

All the best
John :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 04:31:02 PM by ugawoga »

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2021, 04:23:14 PM »
Interesting, Eileen. I thought someone had written a long time ago that Yamaha looks over the forums once in a while for product feedback. This is where all the issues are posted, other than people wanting tech advice.

When I updated the software from the initial release to the 2.02 (if that's the right number), my registrations all displayed the wrong knob and slider settings after selecting any registration. Prior to the update, any selected registration displayed the mixer levels, so that during a show, I had access to all those settings without having to toggle through the options to find it. Now, I must turn the Genos on, select the correct settings I want in the display, and then press the Freeze button. I know it's not a big deal but it should have not been affected in the first place. I posted the problem a while back and no one on the forum could answer why this happened. It seems to me that those display settings need to be stored with the Registration, otherwise Yamaha's default screen is displayed.

As for registration transfers, yes, they come across very well from old to new keyboards, but I find I must go through and check every one of them to make sure legacy voices haven't been selected, the levels are correct, and the effects sound right. These things all need to be checked because when they release a new keyboard, the sound processor seems to get an upgrade as well. This is a good thing but all of a sudden you may find your voices are booming out there too loud, where on the previous keyboard they were fine. Of course, you may only notice this when you're using professional speakers in front of big crowds and in big halls.

Transferring of registrations has never been cut and dry for me at least. I've always had to go in and check each one to make sure nothing has gone amiss. It happens more often then you think. It's very embarrassing to have this happen with a full dance floor!

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2021, 04:25:37 PM »
I hate my body make it's own mind up, i want to decide. Auto Immune rubbish i mean. :)
John, the human body was designed by a committee, not somebody intelligent!

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »
Hi Lee
"Sausages to that then"!!

We must be Beta testers for the Omicron's that are currently invading Earth ;D

All the best
John
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 04:36:38 PM by ugawoga »

Offline mikf

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2021, 04:44:08 PM »
Just remember that whether you are talking TOTL arrangers or the human body, this great line from The best Exotic Marigold Hotel equally applies .......
"It will be perfect in the end, and if its not yet perfect that's only because its not yet the end"

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2021, 10:36:43 PM »
HOW DO YOU KNOW??
The Omicrons are a devious alien race of beings.
Make sure you get your Jabba!! ho ho ho!! ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 10:41:31 PM by ugawoga »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2021, 11:37:46 PM »
Teknoss, thanks for putting up a link to the update!! Late to the party, but updated now and all went without a problem! All my settings are there, so I am happy :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page