Author Topic: I have a DGX670 on the way  (Read 4931 times)

Offline stephenm52

I have a DGX670 on the way
« on: November 30, 2021, 02:01:50 PM »
Digital pianos seem to be in short supply.  I had several choices that I wanted primarily for keeping my piano chops at a decent level.  I had 5 different choices one of which was the DGX670. Delivery times for some go into the new year and even as late as March 2022.    I was hesitant and wasn't sure if the keybed/ action would be what I wanted.  A couple of weeks ago I got to demo one and I liked the action and really liked the features even though I don't really need all the arranger features.    With that said if all goes well with FedEx the piano will arrive tomorrow December 1 in one piece and not damaged. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:08:26 PM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline frozzers

Re: I have a DGX670 on the way
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 03:26:30 PM »
Good luck with it! I can't get enough of mine.

It's a fabulous keyboard at an incredible price.

Cheers

Chris

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 03:55:25 PM »
stephenm52. A good choice. Remember any changes to a style have to be saved in registrations not as a User style.
I purchased mine with it's stand which gave me back ache because of leaning forward to view the small screen. Without the stand the DGX could be tilted which could improve my back.

It look good and the voices are good, but did not like the speakers but I use headphones all the time anyway.
Report back how you get on and most of all enjoy it.
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: harold2

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 04:20:14 PM »
Congratulations Stephen with your new baby ! :)

Enjoy, JH

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 05:39:24 PM »
Frozzers, Thank you!  I think just like you do "a fantastic keyboard at an incredible price."

Graham, I have been reading the posts and have discovered yes you have to save the changes to styles as a user registration.  I remember your post about your purchase of the 670 and getting back aches.  As things stand now I plan on using it more as a piano but with all the cool new features I'm sure I'll get hooked on making changes.   I will post my thoughts and experience with the new toy.

Jeff,  Thank you I'm really looking forward to the arrival of the DGX!

As a side note I was happy to read there's a Bonus Playlist.  I already downloaded it to a USB stick.  I'm a huge fan of the Playlist feature both my Genos and SX900.  I've written it the past from my point of view it "was the goose that laid the golden egg."  8)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 05:41:51 PM by stephenm52 »

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 06:10:49 PM »
Hi Graham,
hi Stephen,

The DGX-670 has a Style Creator, but with scaled-down functions. Above all, the List Editor is missing, so you cannot edit MIDI events directly. If you have changed the settings of the Style parts (e.g. voices, volume, effects) in the Mixer, you should be able to save these as a new Style if desired (using the Save option in the Style Creator).

P.S.
For the sake of completeness: As mentioned elsewhere, you can use the existing OTS in Styles on the DGX-670 (in conjunction with the OTS LINK function), but you cannot change the OTS of the Styles, because the DGX-670 does not have OTS buttons (1 - 4). So you have to save your own keyboard voice settings in the Registration Memory.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 09:18:52 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 10:53:17 PM »
Chris,  Thank you for the helpful information!  8)

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 12:19:18 AM »
Congrats, Steve! Yamaha did a terrific job with the DGX670.

-- pj

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 12:35:00 AM »
Congrats, Steve! Yamaha did a terrific job with the DGX670.

-- pj

Thanks PJ.  I liked what I saw on the You Tube videos gut once I demoed the live product I was really sold on it.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 11:58:51 AM »
stephenm52. epianos TV have a number of tutorial videos for DGX670 which may be of interest to you.

https://www.epianos.co.uk/tv/casual-keyboards-live-16-yamaha-dgx670-playing-demonstration-and-your-questions-answered/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 12:00:09 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 09:05:51 PM »
stephenm52. epianos TV have a number of tutorial videos for DGX670 which may be of interest to you.

https://www.epianos.co.uk/tv/casual-keyboards-live-16-yamaha-dgx670-playing-demonstration-and-your-questions-answered/

Thank you Graham.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 09:26:36 AM »
Stephenm. When it arrives and you are in a position to use it.

Can you help me with a question on DGX670 please.
MENU there is an option to adjust each style part volume, I could not find it.
​Rhy1.Rhy2.Bass.Chd1 & 2. Pad. PHr1 & 2.
Someone mentioned on the Forum to keep pressing MENU to move through the pages. The Owner's Manual states this style part adjustment is available.

You would help if you could confirm that individual style parts can be adjusted.
This is a deal breaker for me before deciding to order DGX670 in White.

Appreciated.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 09:56:04 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 11:21:35 AM »
Stephenm. When it arrives and you are in a position to use it.

Can you help me with a question on DGX670 please.
Someone mentioned on the Forum to keep pressing MENU to move through the pages. The Owner's Manual states this style part adjustment is available.

You would help if you could confirm that individual style parts can be adjusted.
This is a deal breaker for me before deciding to order DGX670 in White.

Appreciated.

HI Graham,  If delivery of the DGX arrives today I'll try what you requested.  Stay tuned!

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2021, 01:35:25 PM »
... Can you help me with a question on DGX670 please.

This is a deal breaker for me before deciding to order DGX670 in White. ...

Hi Graham,

We had recently discussed this here in the forum:

In this case, you have to use the "MIXER/EQ" button (not "MENU"): As described in the DGX-670 Owner's Manual, page 88, as well as in the Reference Manual, page 66, just press the "MIXER/EQ" button multiple times to switch the parts between "Panel", "External", "Style", "Song1-8" and "Song9-16".

And with the TAB buttons you select the desired page, e.g. "Volume/Pan" to change the volumes of the parts selected in the previous step (or to choose other voices).

In principle, this works just as well as on Tyros models, but the DGX-670 has no "display buttons" (A - J), so you have to use the Cursor buttons.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:43:39 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2021, 04:31:09 PM »
Chris. I appreciate your follow up, this is the first time Yamaha have lost me.
MIXER/EQ Understood & thank you.
DGX670

Offline harold2

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2021, 09:59:26 PM »
Digital pianos seem to be in short supply.  I had several choices that I wanted primarily for keeping my piano chops at a decent level.  I had 5 different choices one of which was the DGX670. Delivery times for some go into the new year and even as late as March 2022.    I was hesitant and wasn't sure if the keybed/ action would be what I wanted.  A couple of weeks ago I got to demo one and I liked the action and really liked the features even though I don't really need all the arranger features.    With that said if all goes well with FedEx the piano will arrive tomorrow December 1 in one piece and not damaged. 
stephenm52. A good choice. Remember any changes to a style have to be saved in registrations not as a User style.
I purchased mine with it's stand which gave me back ache because of leaning forward to view the small screen. Without the stand the DGX could be tilted which could improve my back.

It look good and the voices are good, but did not like the speakers but I use headphones all the time anyway.
Report back how you get on and most of all enjoy it.

Hi Steven...I have one coming next week!    Harold

Online Amwilburn

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2021, 10:34:39 PM »
Good luck with FedEx. I shipped a package to Illinois 10 days ago...it left Canada and arrived in their Memphis distribution facility the same day. They've promised us Nov 29, then 90th, then Dec 1st, then Dec 2nd as arrival dates.

The customer *still* hasn't received it.  >:(

*edit* Today? NO eta and no explanation.
*edit again* it finally showed up Dec 8th. For a package due Nov 29th.
I'll re-review fedex, at least it did show up. But we paid $200 for guaranteed 3-5 business day shipping, and it took 11 business days.

We had a lot of DGX670's, then suddenly ran out, and now we're told next spring!!

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2021, 12:18:27 AM »
Hi Steven...I have one coming next week!    Harold

Harold, Congratulations!  Are you the same Harold I know from Pa and SZ?   YOu're gonna enjoy the DGX670.  Mine only arrived about 4 hours ago it's a keeper and I suspect I'll get plenty of enjoyment out of it.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2021, 12:31:52 AM »
Good luck with FedEx. I shipped a package to Illinois 10 days ago...it left Canada and arrived in their Memphis distribution facility the same day. They've promised us Nov 30, then Dec 1st, then Dec 2nd as arrival dates.

The customer *still* hasn't received it.  >:(

We had a lot of DGX670's, then suddenly ran out, and now we're told next spring!!

Mark,  My understanding is if a dealer doesn't have the DGX in stock they will not have them until next spring, exactly what you wrote.

I finally received the DGX today, for the last 3 days FedEx indicated the DGX would be delivered.  They missed 2 of the 3 days then arrived today.   This is not the first time this happened.  About 6 weeks ago we ordered $200 worth of perishable food. The food is shipped with ice in insulated containers.  FedEx was 5 days late delivering the product and as a result it was all spoiled. They used to have a good record but lately they aren't doing so well.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

The following users thanked this post: harold2

Offline harold2

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2021, 02:39:35 AM »
Yes Steve....I belong to the Synthzone  arranger forum. I live in Northwestern Pa. I own a Genos also. Like You purchased alot of gear from Frank  Great Guy!

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2021, 02:48:29 AM »
Yes Steve....I belong to the Synthzone  arranger forum. I live in Northwestern Pa. I own a Genos also. Like You purchased alot of gear from Frank  Great Guy!

I've been buying keyboards since 2005 from our buddy Frank, he's the best.

Harold I thought it could have been you.  Yes I thought you had a Genos too.  One thing I'll have to get used to not trying to use the screen on the DGX to make changes because it's not a touch screen like the Genos.  Going way back I think you may have bought a PSR arranger from me.  I seem to remember John C from SZ was going to buy it but didn't then mentioned you'd be interested in i.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Jalor1525

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2021, 02:56:36 AM »
Grats on your purchase.

One poster said they used the headphones which greatly enhances the quality of the sounds. I personally purchased a Fender Rumble 25 and I love it. Yamaha did give the option to plug in the external speaker and also have the internal speakers also active.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2021, 03:08:00 AM »
Grats on your purchase.

One poster said they used the headphones which greatly enhances the quality of the sounds. I personally purchased a Fender Rumble 25 and I love it. Yamaha did give the option to plug in the external speaker and also have the internal speakers also active.

Thanks Jalor1525.  I did play the DGX thru the onboard speakers, they are OK but no great.  I too do quite a bit of playing with headphones on too and it sounds great thru the headphones.  I haven''t had the chance yet to play it thru my Bose L1 Pro 8, I'll get to that tomorrow.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks