Author Topic: Creating A New Registration Bank vs Create A Startup Registration  (Read 1500 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

I faintly recall Gary Diamond had a lesson on this.
I am not clear about the differences between Creating a New Reg Bank and Creating a Startup.

Are these the same thing?
I just want to use the t4 optimally. I know Gary is an expert and his advice is gold. But I don't understand the distinction between New Reg Bank vs Startup Reg.
Thank you
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:13:40 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Online Graham UK

Re: Creating A New Registration Bank vs Create A Startup Registration
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 10:22:26 AM »
STARTUP Registration is saved after you first set up the keyboard as you would like the keyboard to be before you first start to play. (Save RGT name as Startup)
After first powering the keyboard press RGT Startup to reset the keyboard to your preferred initial liking. Changes afterwards can be made as required.

New Bank...Once you have used & saved all buttons in a bank you can name save many more new banks as you need.
Myself I Save my favorite voices in the bank buttons. After selecting a Style to play I press the FREEZE button to use my Favorite Voices from my RGT Banks with any style... It's easier to do than explain.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:42:57 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 05:36:50 PM »
There is no difference in the set up process. The difference is in the use - the start up registration is just a set of normally preferred settings that is saved in a registration, so you press it right after start up.
 Actually “set up” registration would be a better name, since you can have more than one start up registration. For example I have a set up registration that sets pedals a certain way, selects full keyboard mode and one or two other things. But I have a second set up registration that sets up things a little differently.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 04:08:43 AM »
Ask questions and this forum is there to guide. excellent point
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.