Author Topic: Posting performance to YouTube  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Donna P

Posting performance to YouTube
« on: November 25, 2021, 09:11:11 PM »
How do you sync audio from the Genos to video to post music performance on Youtube or Facebook.
Thanks

Offline mikf

Re: Posting performance to YouTube
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 10:26:10 PM »
You can use video software on your computer to do this.

The following users thanked this post: Donna P

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 10:54:07 PM »
How do you sync audio from the Genos to video to post music performance on Youtube or Facebook.
Thanks

It depends on how much work you want to do, Donna.

For a simple post, you should just record with your phone, and post that. The audio won't be spectacular, but it will be in sync, and will be good enough for Facebook.

If you're in the mood for punishment, you can work on syncing audio with video using computer software. I use PowerDirector, but there are others.

There are YouTube videos on how to sync. You'll find out what the clapboard in movies is for. Better software will identify the beat for you, and help you sync.

I like to post pictures with my songs, and change the picture on the beat. When you get it right, it's pretty impressive. I calculate how many frames each picture should occupy (eg, 30 fps, tempo 120 is 2 secs/measure).

Just like you can spend hours arranging a song, you can spend hours on a video. Choose wisely,

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 05:26:58 AM »
Thanks

Fred has outlined the procedure for you very well, Donna.  The software you decide to use will be dependent upon your own skills.  I have used Serif MoviePlus for years to accomplish this task and have become very comfortable using this software.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 09:10:23 AM »
Fred, does the free version of PowerDirector (Express) have video/sound synch and most of what you need for basic video editing?
Mike

Online ckobu

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 10:16:00 AM »
Thanks

Hi Donna,

I suggest you watch this video. The recording will be mono but it is still better than recording the sound only with a cell phone microphone. In this case, the investment is minimal, a couple of euros / dollars for the adapter.
https://youtu.be/xAwNxSbPLSQ

As forum members have said before, there are various programs for merging video and audio. Personally, I work with the Vegas program, which is commercial, but you can also use the free Cakewalk by BandLab. It is intended primarily for audio processing, but it can also be used for what you are interested in. However, you will need to have some basic knowledge in using this program. You can watch the video here.
https://youtu.be/Ehoq_vQM5Ko
Watch my video channel

Offline franksboard

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 02:16:21 PM »
I use a stand alone editor for all my video editing such as the Macro System Avio and Prestige editors easy to use and don't crash like a pc and has a built in dvd burner to make disc's for friends and with a video adapter can hook up to a pc.these machines are frame accurate and excellent with audio

Offline Dnj

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 02:35:40 PM »
I have tried many times to create involved video musical performances but honestly, I end up spending so much time doing this when I rather be playing music. As Fred mentioned above, I like the idea of just adding still pictures during the song. But preference has always been to just play & sing a quality recording with the keyboard & mastering it in my DAW.

Offline panos

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 07:20:39 PM »
Hi Donna,
I have used a free video editing program called Shotcut for this purpose.
https://shotcut.org/

It is a little tricky to find the exact milliseconds to synchronize the video with the audio at first.
This guy is showing how to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u792o35McU

You can also combine videos, pictures, video effects etc along with your live performance if you wish.
There are other free programs also that can do this job a lot easier, maybe.
But when I've searched on YouTube for free programs, it had the best recommendations for all the stuff it can do for free.