Author Topic: Registration naming format  (Read 2015 times)

Registration naming format
« on: November 25, 2021, 07:42:15 PM »
Hi all,

I have some registrations named like this "Christmas Waltz 2021.S917.rgt". If I rename it to just "Christmas Waltz 2021.rgt" it won't appear on the Genos. What he heck is "S917"? (I like to include the 2021 year as a version number.) Meanwhile, some of registrations don't even have the "S917" number but show up??

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 07:46:30 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ckobu

Re: Registration naming format
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 08:21:56 PM »
Hi Lee,

The letter and number determine the type of icon that appears in front of the registration name. Feel free to delete them and the registration will be correct. In this case, the icon will be set to Default. I assume you also deleted the point so Registration is not correct. Check and let us know if that was the reason.

Check out more about “missing icons” in this video.

https://youtu.be/dshIzeAkR-Q
Watch my video channel

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 08:22:59 PM »
I have some registrations named like this "Christmas Waltz 2021.S917.rgt". If I rename it to just "Christmas Waltz 2021.rgt" it won't appear on the Genos. What he heck is "S917"? (I like to include the 2021 year as a version number.) Meanwhile, some of registrations don't even have the "S917" number but show up??

You must have renamed it improperly, Lee. As long as the extension is ".rgt", it will show up in a registration list. Check for extraneous spaces or other characters.

The "S917" is the icon to display next to the registration name.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 08:33:37 PM »
Many thanks, guys. I wondered if it was pilot error because some don't have the S197 suffix and they work fine.

I am updating several registrations and find it easier to rename them on the computer. I could also open the Genos as a drive and just rename things directly. It would save the back and forth nonsense of the USB drive, which is painfully slow!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 08:45:01 PM »
I am updating several registrations and find it easier to rename them on the computer. I could also open the Genos as a drive and just rename things directly. It would save the back and forth nonsense of the USB drive, which is painfully slow!

I always use "USB Storage Mode" when making these kind of changes as, I agree, anything else is way too slow.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2021, 08:50:15 PM »
Is USB Storage Mode the same as linking the Genos as a device on my computer, Fred?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2021, 10:55:09 PM »
Is USB Storage Mode the same as linking the Genos as a device on my computer, Fred?

Yes. It's powering on while holding down the Playlist button.

You'll see "USB Storage Mode" on the screen, so that's what I call it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 02:49:32 AM »
Thanks, Fred.