PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

Batteries and PSU together PSR E363?

(1/3) > >>

ACSACS:
If I have batteries installed and I also plug in the PSU, which will the keyboard draw power from?

Thanks

SeaGtGruff:
I don't think that's recommended. If you're going to plug the keyboard into a power socket using the power adapter, you should first remove any batteries from the battery compartment.

johan:
The batteries are disconnected automatically when you connect the power adapter.

overover:

--- Quote from: ACSACS on November 24, 2021, 03:46:37 PM ---If I have batteries installed and I also plug in the PSU, which will the keyboard draw power from?

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Hi ACSACS,

johan is correct: When connecting the DC plug of the AC adapter to the DC IN jack of the PSR-E363, the minus pole of the batteries is automatically disconnected from the device by an internal switching contact of the DC IN jack, and power will be automatically drawn from the AC adapter only.

Note: When the batteries run out, or if the instrument is not to be used for a long time, remove the batteries from the instrument to prevent damage from possible battery leakage.

In connection with batteries, please also pay attention to the instructions in the E363 Owner's Manual, pages 12/13. If required, you can download the manual here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/890277/psre363_en_om_b0.pdf

By the way, depending on the battery type to be used (rechargeable or not), you may need to change the battery type setting on this instrument (via Function number 046).

Best regards,
Chris

MikeS:
I have an E443 and the circuit diagram shows the power pack only removing a short circuit around two diodes in series with the with the -ve battery rail. See attached. With the power pack installed the E443 only draws power from the power pack because the diodes have -9V or -7.2V at the battery end and -12V from the plug pack which turns the diodes off. For the diodes to be on the voltage at the battery end has to be higher -ve voltage than the voltage from the plug pack.

If there is a mains power fail while playing, the diodes will turn on and supply power from the battery, however the voltage drop across the two diodes means you are effectively running on 1 less battery so run time is reduced. On mains fail unplug the power pack from the keyboard if you want maximum run time from the batteries.

I do not  have an E363 service manual, but I suspect it will be the same.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version