Author Topic: MusicSoft Manager Library  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Floodie

MusicSoft Manager Library
« on: November 23, 2021, 08:08:10 PM »
MusicSoft Manager on iPad, connects to Genos. I can transfer files between MusicSoft Library and Genos, no problem.

I want to edit a file, currently in the MusicSoft Library, but I can’t find the Folder or files…

Where does MusicSoft Manager store Library Files?

Offline Bill

Re: MusicSoft Manager Library
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 09:06:47 AM »
I find the easiest way is to install Dropbox on the IPad, and use this as the transfer method to a PC.

Regards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 10:25:08 AM »
Hi Floodie,

Obviously, files can only be transferred between the MusicSoft Manager Library and the computer via iTunes or Dropbox.

If you do not have the Owner's Manual for the MusicSoft Manager App, you can download it here:
>>> https://ca.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/4/329344/msm_om_en_b0.pdf

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Floodie

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 02:45:55 PM »
Appreciate your help folks.

The question is, “Where does MusicSoft Manager store Library Files?”, on the iPad.

When I copy files from the “Genos” to “iPad MusicSoft Manager”, it must store the files somewhere on the iPad, I can’t find them.

I understand that iPad MusicSoft Manager can transfer to/from Genos/DropBox/iTunes. It doesn’t make sense: To edit a “local file”, I have to upload it to a third party server and then download a second copy to the iPad. I want to avoid all that transferring and simply edit the files MusicSoft Manager already has stored somewhere on the iPad.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 04:38:55 PM »
Appreciate your help folks.

The question is, “Where does MusicSoft Manager store Library Files?”, on the iPad.

When I copy files from the “Genos” to “iPad MusicSoft Manager”, it must store the files somewhere on the iPad, I can’t find them.

I understand that iPad MusicSoft Manager can transfer to/from Genos/DropBox/iTunes. It doesn’t make sense: To edit a “local file”, I have to upload it to a third party server and then download a second copy to the iPad. I want to avoid all that transferring and simply edit the files MusicSoft Manager already has stored somewhere on the iPad.

Hi Floodie,

The user has very limited access to the file system of Apple iDevices such as iPad or iPhone. With a suitable program, however, you can access certain app folders from the PC.

In conjunction with my "good old" iPad4 I use the PC (Windows) program "3uTools":
>>> http://www.3u.com/

- Download the program and install it to the PC.
- Start the program.
- Connect the iPad via USB to the PC.
- Maybe certain drivers are missing. Click on "Repair Drivers" to download and install them automatically.
- If the iPad is correctly detected, the System Information of the iPad should be displayed in the "iDevice" tab under the item "Info".
- Click on the item "Apps" (just below "Info") and find the app "MusicSoft" in the list.
- Click on the "View" button to display the ".msmapp_local" app folder. (See the attached picture.)
- Open this folder by double-clicking to see the contained files and folders. Here is both an export and an import function available.

Hope this helps!

P.S.
Incidentally, in the same way, you can access the app folder of "Songbook +" (which is otherwise accessible from the PC via a WiFi network share only).

You may be able to access such app folders directly on the iPad under newer iOS versions. With my iPad4 on iOS 10.3.4, however, only as described here.

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 05:15:58 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Floodie

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 11:14:57 PM »
Newer to iPad.. I wonder is it possible to create a symbolic link pointing to the hidden MusicSoft Manager Library files. Say in a Cubasis folder the symbolic link points to the MSM Library files?