Author Topic: Need help with YEM on second keyboard  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Fred Smith

Need help with YEM on second keyboard
« on: November 21, 2021, 05:20:29 PM »
I have acquired a Genos for our winter home. Now I need to install my YEM packs on it.

1. Do I need to register my new keyboard with YEM? If so, how?

2. Once #1 has been done (or is unnecessary), how do I install the packs? I find the YEM program tough to navigate. I have established wi-fi communication between the keyboard and my computer, if that helps.

Thanks,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online ckobu

Re: Need help with YEM on second keyboard
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 05:26:19 PM »
Hi Fred,
1. yes, you need to enter the Instrument info of your Genos in YEM. You will do this as shown in the video at 03:49. Best to watch the full video.
https://youtu.be/pKi9FKbzfnw
2. This video shows the process of installing Packs
https://youtu.be/YhO2ZHlvmX0

(activate English subtitles)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 05:28:39 PM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 06:47:58 PM »
Hi Fred,
1. yes, you need to enter the Instrument info of your Genos in YEM. You will do this as shown in the video at 03:49. Best to watch the full video.
https://youtu.be/pKi9FKbzfnw
2. This video shows the process of installing Packs
https://youtu.be/YhO2ZHlvmX0

HI Ckobu,

Your videos were helpful.

Interestingly enough, I didn't have to export an .n27 file from the new keyboard. YEM picked up the new instrument as soon as I loaded the program. I assume this was through wi-fi. So I didn't have to do #1.

I had ver 2.6 of YEM loaded, and upgraded to ver 2.8.1 which behaved better. The key was I had to create a .cpi file, not the default .cqi file. Your "beware!" in your video was very useful.

I now have it installed.

One question I have on Youtube is: do you get paid anything when I skip past the ads as soon as possible? I'd probably be willing to watch more of an ad if I knew it affected your income, as you deserve to be paid for all the marvellous videos you make.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Online ckobu

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 06:56:22 PM »
Hi Fred,

Glad the videos helped. I’m not sure if YEM could automatically recognize your Tyros. I always did it via file and USB stick. It is important that there is a Target instrument in YEM and that you have done everything.
Yes, I make some money on Youtube and thank you if you click on the ad. However, the main reason I shoot the video is my sheer satisfaction, and the extra income is always welcome.

best regards, ckobu (casper)
Watch my video channel

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 08:29:40 PM »
Glad the videos helped. I’m not sure if YEM could automatically recognize your Tyros. I always did it via file and USB stick. It is important that there is a Target instrument in YEM and that you have done everything.
Yes, I make some money on Youtube and thank you if you click on the ad. However, the main reason I shoot the video is my sheer satisfaction, and the extra income is always welcome.

YEM definitely picked up the instrument definition through wi-fi, as I never transferred an .n27 file with this keyboard. Perhaps one of the new features in the latest version.

Thanks again for your help,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 02:24:53 AM »
Hi Fred,

Although l'm not certain, l have a feeling it has something to do with Yamaha packs now being free. l think the reason for the n27 instrument info was to tie the software packs you bought to your own keyboard, and to stop it being shared with other users. Any packs you bought could only be played on your own keyboard. Now that the packs are free there's no need really for Yamaha to protect the packs anymore, hence no real need for the instruent info.

Kind regards,

Russ

Offline ticktock

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 03:20:44 AM »
Hi Fred,

best regards, ckobu (casper)
Like Fred, I used to click "Skip Ad" as soon as it popped up. Sorry, I want you getting paid. I'll let it playing next time I watch your videos.
Thanks Ckobu. Ted

Online ckobu

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2021, 07:41:23 AM »
Hi Oxford,

you are right, before the n27 instrument was tied to the installation of purchased Packs. But then n27 was also necessary for proper recognition of the instrument model. And now it is necessary to add an n27 instrument (Target instrument) for the same reason, without it the installation file cannot be created.

Hi ticktock,

thank you for your support, I'm glad you think so.
Watch my video channel