Author Topic: PSR E403 with not too bright screen  (Read 2053 times)

Offline tyros2009

PSR E403 with not too bright screen
« on: November 20, 2021, 01:12:05 AM »
Actually this is an YPT-400 (equivalent to PSR-E403). The screen is bright to read in the dark but very hard to read during day light (inside the house).
Any idea to fix this issue ? (such as a function menu to change the brightness of the screen).
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Offline SciNote

Re: PSR E403 with not too bright screen
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 05:07:56 AM »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe there is any sort of brightness or contrast control for the LCD on these keyboards, as there is no such control on my PSR-E433.  Is this a keyboard that you've had for a while, and you're now noticing this dimming screen that was not there before, or did you recently get this keyboard and just feel the display is kind of dim?  Because if you just got the keyboard, it is possible that this is normal.  I know the angle that you are viewing the display can make a big difference on the appearance of the readout.

However, if you are now noticing this and it's a keyboard you've had for a while, then it may just be a display that is going bad.  The only other possibilities that come to mind have to do with powering the keyboard -- if you're using batteries and they're getting weak, you might get such an issue.  Or, if you're using a power supply and it is going bad and not supplying proper voltage and/or current, then that may also cause a dimming display.  However, I'd think you'd also notice other issues, such as low volume or distorted sound, if it was a power issue.  But it is something to consider.

EDIT:  I just noticed all those other keyboards you have in your signature -- so I'm sure you've probably already considered everything I mentioned.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 05:10:01 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline andyg

Re: PSR E403 with not too bright screen
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 10:59:28 AM »
I've experienced this on an E403. It was a teaching keyboard and the screen eventually got so bad that it became unusable. Fitting a replacement screen would have cost more than the keyboard was then worth - it had served me well for years and had paid for itself many times over. Replaced with an E433 and eventually given to someone who only wanted a piano sound and didn't need to see the screen!

And SciNote is correct, there is no brightness or contrast control.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com