Author Topic: Foot pedal drum fills  (Read 1925 times)

Offline raywil77

Foot pedal drum fills
« on: November 19, 2021, 04:06:03 PM »
Hi is it possible to play drum fills with the foot pedal

Thankyou

Offline EileenL

Re: Foot pedal drum fills
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 11:21:56 PM »
Yes you can assign Drum fills to an effects pedal but you must then save it into a registration.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 12:37:30 PM »
Hi
With some songs you have to be on the nail for footpedal drum fills.
Many a time i hit the footpedal and the drum fill is sometimes late or not at all.
The only way is to count in your head and hit the footpedal just before the next bar.
It would be nice if you could hit the footpedal at any time and it triggers the drum fill.

All the Best
john :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 02:10:36 PM »
John, I notice a delay when using a foot pedal switch for the ART 1, 2, or 3 triggering. I really need these stellar effects for sax solos in my new R&B band. I’m using an older Roland foot switch. Could that be the problem? My most common usage is when slurring into a note (ART 3) like a real sax player does. Thanks.

Sorry to digress on your topic, raywil77. My issue is similar though ;).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Dnj

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 02:55:58 PM »
These delay situations is why I never use a pedal for fill etc,....I find for me while playing live nothing comes close to using my own fingers to make on board changes....
I only use a sustain pedal & on/off pedal example Boss FS-5U for Vocal harmony. My 2cents. good luck

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 03:42:37 PM »
Good point, Dnj.

The foot pedal does work but the timing has to be dead on. I believe that Fills can be configured to be Instant or Next Bar. I wonder if ART effects can be configured the same way.
I also agree that fingers are a far better way to do it but I have the Left and Right hand voices playing, so I'm out of fingers >:(.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline raywil77

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 08:35:27 PM »
Thanks for replying peeps yeh I agree with you all timing not good on pedal reverting to fill in button thankyou all regards