Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Voices & Revo Drums

Sax bend control

(1/2) > >>

MadrasGiaguari:
Dear friends,

I love the bend function on Genos saxophones voices (as Tenor Sax, and others) that can be activated by pressing S.A. button "S.Art.1".

To come to the reason of this post, once in a while, while playing the sax voice, the bend function occurs without any known action from myself.
This makes me guess that eventually there could be a way to activate the bend directly from the keyboard. So I made many trials in different ways, but I have not been able to identify a way to activate intentionally the bend.

May be some of you can answer to my question.....I hope, since it would be very convenient to control it by playing, instead of moving one hand from the keyboard to access the S.A. button.

Thank you,

Angelo

DerekA:
On the SA2 voices, it happens automatically when you play a large enough interval, and leave just a moment gap between releasing the lower key and pressing down the higher one.

For example

Let go of C3
(heartbeat)
Press C4

With a bit of practice you'll get the hang of it. I like to think of it as "throwing and catching" the note but that's just how it feels to me.

Rick D.:
Angelo,

Just bend it as you may with the joy stick. You can adjust the amount of bend in the settings.

Rick D.

MadrasGiaguari:
Thank you for your answers.

Derek, I already do that with the SA2 feature, and it is beautiful. I was looking to do the same with SA1.

Rick, I know that joystick does that. Would love to do without moving my hands from keys....

The fact is that SOMETIMES while playing the bend comes automatically (but I can't figure how  ::)).

Angelo

Rick D.:
Angelo,

I have pitch bend set to an Expression pedal, it works great.

As stated above, you can trigger the bend with a slight delay between notes and hitting the note more abruptly.

I remember when I got my first Tyros 1, I had to learn how to adjust my finger pressure all over again. Things were happening and I had no idea why. It will come naturally over time.

Rick D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version