Author Topic: Seeking an "instructor" for the T4  (Read 2208 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Seeking an "instructor" for the T4
« on: November 22, 2021, 08:09:49 PM »
I have had T4 for 10 years and am tired of the level I am at.

pm me or reply here to discuss details

thanks
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline overover

Re: Seeking an "instructor" for the T4
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 08:41:23 PM »
Hi sugarplumsss,

There are sure to be a lot of users here who would be happy to help you. But why should such users report in advance (without knowing what the exact topic is)?

Please just ask specific questions (if possible, in the appropriate sub-forum), and we will help you.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss, fredo

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 09:18:39 PM »
Why?
You don't realize the gap between what you know and what I know.

That knowledge gap is such, that I can barely ask the right questions.

Since there are so many areas in the tyrosphere..

would you mind listing the numerous areas

i will then choose from the list.
OK?

I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 09:54:44 PM »
Have you tried the PSR/Tyros Lessons on our main website, John?

They can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/index.html
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 10:02:02 PM »
Why?
You don't realize the gap between what you know and what I know.

That knowledge gap is such, that I can barely ask the right questions.

Since there are so many areas in the tyrosphere..

would you mind listing the numerous areas

i will then choose from the list.
OK?

Hi sugarplumsss,

Unfortunately, this is not an option for me and not possible. Simply describe here in your own words what you want to do or what is currently not working satisfactorily.

Basically, by the way, almost everything important is in the manuals. If you have not already done so, please be sure to download all three T4 manuals (Owner's Manual, Reference Manual and Data List). It is best to always open all three manuals on the computer at the same time and use the search function of your PDF reader program to quickly find all text passages where a certain term (e.g. "Registration") occurs.

P.S.
I have just replied to your PM in detail and described the various options for voice switching with "User Voices" and "Voice Registrations".

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 10:14:01 PM »
Chris is right, ask specific questions about where you are having difficulty and someone will help. But You don't even say whether the area is operating system or playing.
And I have to say your overall tone is not very inviting.
Mike

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 10:31:11 AM »
Oh boy.. my tone is not inviting . I accept the criticism. I’m speaking from an anxious space.
Also I grew up in nyc area and this can come across as less than inviting

All I can say is I’m working on it
Thanks

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 10:48:07 AM »
From looking at your posts and the comments at the bottom, I see that you claim to use the Tyros mainly as a drum machine. And now have a strong interest in MIDI songs. So please ask your specific questions, and people may try to help. But you have to be prepared for the fact that while there is some expertise in both these areas around the forum, this is not the way that way most forum members use their keyboard.
Mike

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 10:56:57 AM »
Sugarplumsss. There are a lot of keyboard players who are just content with playing and have no interest in finding all the editing options available with today's modern keyboards, nothing wrong with that approach but to get the best sounds does require obtaining some knowledge.
I have had Tyros for the past 15 years. It initially took some time to understand the Operating System but the benefits once learnt were well worth it.
Staff knowledge in Keyboard Shops is limited because they are dealing with a large number of keyboard brands.
The problem with someone giving instruction is yourself afterwards remembering.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 11:25:41 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 01:03:14 PM »
The PSR/Tyros Lessons section, https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/faq/PSRFAQ.htm, can be searched for just Tyros Questions and Answers by clicking on the  FAQ 2016.PDF at the bottom of the page and then typing CTRL F and entering TYROS.

It will bring up 249 questions and answers where you might find things of interest.
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, sugarplumsss