Author Topic: Genos Audio Player  (Read 2014 times)

Offline franksboard

Genos Audio Player
« on: November 26, 2021, 02:26:07 PM »
when playing MP3 files on Genos most are always low volume and sound quality is not there compaired to using a midi file.it would be nice if Yamaha wound include in a firmware update in the mixer section a way to have maybe some adjustments such as a eq would help for wave and Midi Files,but mostly the wave and MP3 playing is the issue
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 02:31:52 PM by franksboard »

Offline Karlos

Re: Genos Audio Player
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 02:45:27 PM »
I use a program called Mp3Gain to get all my mp3 files the same volume. You can raise or lower the volume easily.

The MP3 sound quality depends on what bit rate the file was encoded in and also the original audio prior to converting to Mp3.

Offline franksboard

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 03:43:52 PM »
i have several hundred MP3's and it is not just the volume levels ,it is about sound quality no highs and lows.i can ply these files in a MP3 standalone player and sound much better than the Genos player,that's way a firmware update to allow eq settings to be used on the Genos

Offline Karlos

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 03:54:10 PM »
I hear you re EQ settings but dont expect anything firmware wise soon....Been waiting for a programmable arpeggio function since 1st update....still waiting...LOL