Author Topic: After Touch problem  (Read 1547 times)

Offline sunny

After Touch problem
« on: November 14, 2021, 05:10:52 PM »
Friends,

I don't like applying pressure on keys on Genos keyboard. So is there any alternate way for getting same After Touch effect without applying pressure on keys ?

Thanks,
Sunny

Offline EileenL

Re: After Touch problem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 05:20:49 PM »
No that is why it is called After Touch. The keybed is made for this action so you will not damage it adding extra pressure.

Offline sunny

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 05:33:08 PM »
 Hi Eileen.
       I am not worried about the damage, i don't like either shaking the key or applying pressure on the keys. I hope there are other methods using pedals or modulation wheel for getting same After modulation effect especially for Trombones, Saxophones etc.

Sunny

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 05:37:16 PM »
Have you tried using SA2 buttons for effects.

Offline sunny

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 04:35:01 AM »
Yes i tried, but we cannot assign After touch effect to SA2 buttons.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 11:07:17 AM »
Yes i tried, but we cannot assign After touch effect to SA2 buttons.
That is not surprising, the effects applied by the buttons are completely different from what AT applies, and during play would be extremely difficult to apply with the right timing even via a pedal.
AT is designed to allow us to modulate volume, filter and vibrato semi continuously as we play by the way we press the keys. Done properly this is capable of injecting extra expression smoothly into a performance, particularly slower tempos. But the playing technique needs to be learnt. If your hit on the keys during normal playing is too high there is insufficient headroom for AT to cut in when pressed more, and perhaps confusingly, it won't work. So practising with a more delicate touch which in itself can be no bad thing, listening and adjusting may help to learn.
You can also alter the extent to which the effects are applied to each voice (when played appropriately) in Voice Editor/Controller page3.
Sunny, it might help if you explain which of the effects are must haves for you and why you don't "like" to pressurise the keys. If you give up you will be unlikely to perfect the technique and the benefits of applying AT naturally to your playing will not be available to you.
John
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 03:41:08 PM by jwyvern »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 02:47:06 PM »
John is correct. Just practice and experiment, and you will get it right😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page