Author Topic: Pitch Shift  (Read 1677 times)

Mike2

Pitch Shift
« on: November 13, 2021, 07:26:27 PM »
In my earlier post, the key change is called the Pitch Shift in owners manual. Well it doesn't help me out at all, for I can't find where the Pitch Shift is located. I know I used it before, maybe age is catching up with me..LOL

Offline mikf

Re: Pitch Shift
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 08:02:38 PM »
Think you are looking for the transpose +/- button.
Mike

Mike2

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 08:07:28 PM »
No I am well aware of the transpose. The audio where you can play MP3+G had an option, if the song was not in the key for you to sing.  Yes it worked like a transpose, but for some reason Yamaha had a different name for it.

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 08:47:41 PM »
Ok, I understand. Audio files are different because involves fancy algorithms to time stretch. You have to go to the audio playback screen and there is typically a pitch shift facility there. You might have to go to the manual for you specific keyboard ( you dont say which one it is)  to find out which button controls it, because it may not be labeled, just numbered.I you read down the section on audio playback the info you ned should be buried in there.
Mike
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 08:49:06 PM by mikf »

Mike2

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 08:55:22 PM »
Ok...I will check that out.  I have the Yamaha Genos.
Thank You!

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 09:18:29 PM »

Mike2

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 09:45:47 PM »
Thanks....I found it... I appreciate your help.

Mike2

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 01:14:11 PM »
For those who like to sing with audio files songs like MP3+G, dropping the shift pitch to the song, will make it sound like it's less quality. I have mentioned this in the pass about the quality.  Well if you lower the time stretch from 100% to 97 or 96% you can hear the quality sounding as good as before using the shift pitch.  Makes a big difference. I haven't tried increasing the shift pitch,
for most songs I need to drop the pitch.  Thanks again for your help. Taping the Song button to the right gives you the access to all the sound, lyrics etc.