Author Topic: I tried the DGX670 for a couple of weeks.  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Graham UK

I tried the DGX670 for a couple of weeks.
« on: November 11, 2021, 05:22:08 PM »
I tried the DGX670 for a couple of weeks. Yamaha have changed the OS on DGX670 compared to the way Yamaha keyboards work so even with simple options like style editing you have to go through the MENU every time.
If I wanted to alter the volume of style parts I could only change the style volume completely although the owners manual states style editing is normal upto the Yamaha standard.
Perhaps I was missing something. Style editing can only be saved as a Registration and not as a user style ?.
Can we have feedback from DGX670 owners please or perhaps DGX owners don't do any editing ?.

Finally the positive things are PRICE & LOOKS & SOUNDS are is good.

I'm happy to be corrected with any of my comments above.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 10:26:00 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline overover

Re: I tried the DGX670 for a couple of weeks.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 08:35:30 PM »
Hi Graham,

I don't own a DGX-670, so I can't try the following myself, but I checked the manuals:

In the Mixer display you can set the Volume of the entire Style in the "Panel" page. In the "Style" page you should be able to set the Volume for each Style part individually.

In my opinion, it is easiest to save such changes directly in Registrations. Since the DGX-670 has a Style Creator, you should alternatively be able to save these changes as a new STYLE (call up Style Creator > confirm to edit the currently selected Style > SAVE). Have you tried this yet?

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 12:27:31 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 10:42:38 PM »
Chris. I completely agree with your comments regarding style editing in the owner's manual, but found to my disappointment that in practice this is not the case.
I will accept that it may be me, but having used Yamaha boards for the past 50 years. (Tyros 15 years) never previously had a problem editing & saving User Styles.

I was hoping that DGX670 owners would reply to give me some input but so far none.
My dealer agreed to give me a refund but I was very disappointed as I thought DGX670 would be a keeper.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 10:43:43 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 11:16:17 PM »
Chris. I completely agree with your comments regarding style editing in the owner's manual, but found to my disappointment that in practice this is not the case.
I will accept that it may be me, but having used Yamaha boards for the past 50 years. (Tyros 15 years) never previously had a problem editing & saving User Styles.

I was hoping that DGX670 owners would reply to give me some input but so far none.
My dealer agreed to give me a refund but I was very disappointed as I thought DGX670 would be a keeper.

Hi Graham,

where exactly is the problem:

- If you go to the "Style" tab in the Mixer display you can't set the Volume of the individual Style Parts separately, or

- can you not call up the Style Creator (after you have made the desired settings of the Style Part Volumes in the Mixer) in order to save the Style there again, as I described earlier?

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 11:35:52 PM »
Chris. Individual Style parts can be muted but there is no option to alter volume individual style parts...only volume available is the complete style style itself.
I must be wrong but that was my findings !!!
The DGX670 OS does not follow the normal Yamaha Keyboard OS options. Possibly being a Piano editing options have been limited but after all it still is an arranger.
The Owners manual has not been writen by a DGX670 user.

Where are all these DGX670 owners to reply to my comments.
[/size]
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 11:37:44 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 12:26:14 AM »
Chris. Individual Style parts can be muted but there is no option to alter volume individual style parts...only volume available is the complete style style itself.
I must be wrong but that was my findings !!!
The DGX670 OS does not follow the normal Yamaha Keyboard OS options. Possibly being a Piano editing options have been limited but after all it still is an arranger.
The Owners manual has not been writen by a DGX670 user.

Where are all these DGX670 owners to reply to my comments.

Hi Graham,

Could you please post a photo of the "Style" page (tab "Volume/Pan") of the Mixer display (see the first picture attached in this post)? I can't believe that there aren't any Volume controls for the individual Style parts. It should be similar to the second picture attached (SX900 Mixer, Style page, Pan/Volume tab).

(See also pages 66/67 in the DGX-670 Reference Manual.)

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 01:00:43 AM by overover »

janamdo

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 07:53:24 AM »
Pressing the [MIXER/EQ]
button repeatedly selects
the part to be edited.
Same mechanism for SX600

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2021, 08:58:34 AM »
Chris. As I no longer have a DGX670 I can not follow your request but I appreciate you following this through.

Your 1st screen capture was the one I got and is the one from the manual, but no other option showing individual style parts for volume adjustment.

I will except I missed that setting...At 84 It may have been one of my senior moments !!!.

Again where are the replies from other DGX670 owners ?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 03:29:18 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 11:26:44 AM »
Chris. As I no longer have a DGX670 I can not follow your request but i appreciate you following this through.

Your 1st screen capture was the one I got and is the one from the manual, but no other option showing individual style parts for volume adjustment.

Again where are the replys from other DGX670 owners ?

Hi Graham,

janamdo has already correctly mentioned the procedure: As described in detail on pages 88/89 in the DGX-670 Owner's Manual, you have to press the Mixer button repeatedly to switch between the individual Part pages (Panel, External, Style, Song 1-8, Song 9-16). And on the Style Part page you can then set the Volume for the individual Style Parts. (See also the attached screenshot from the manual.)

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 11:27:58 AM by overover »

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2021, 03:53:25 PM »
Chris & Janamdo. Understood I'll check it out next time I visit my dealer Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 03:32:26 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 04:30:19 PM »
Graham,  Sorry to hear the DGX670 did not work out for you.  I finally got to try one yesterday and was impressed with the action of the piano. I don't need all the bells and whistles because I have a Genos.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 05:25:24 PM »
stephenm52. Studying the Owners Manual I now understand the OS better.
The other problem was I was getting back ache leaning forward to see the small screen.
Overall the DGX670 keybed and sounds are very good.
I always use headphones so the speakers limited performance does not matter to me.
I'm surprised they didn't take the oportunity to upgrade speaker/amp system.
If my health improves I will consider the DGX670 again.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 09:18:46 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2021, 09:52:40 PM »
Graham,  Thanks for the thoughts on the small screen.  I did find the screen small too, I kept wanting to use it as a touch screen but quickly realized it doesn't have one.   Here's hoping that your health improves too.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks