Author Topic: Delete expansion library  (Read 2175 times)

Biglou#1545

Delete expansion library
« on: November 07, 2021, 02:04:07 AM »
  Purchased a T4 second hand .prior owner removed the expansion pack but the library still remains when pressing the expansion button . How do you remove it before for installing installing the new expansion module? Or is it something that automatically clears when the new module is installed ?

Offline EileenL

Re: Delete expansion library
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 10:29:46 PM »
You are talking about modules but do you mean you want to load in voice packs for tyros 4. Loading fresh packs will usually over right the ones already on there.

Biglou#1545

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 05:15:09 PM »
  Well thank you very much Eileen you have answered my question .I have played organ combination synthesizer for years and this is my first experience with a keyboard capable of so much . This sight and you have been extremely helpful . Thanks again , Biglou .   

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 06:46:52 PM »
  Purchased a T4 second hand .prior owner removed the expansion pack but the library still remains when pressing the expansion button . How do you remove it before for installing installing the new expansion module? Or is it something that automatically clears when the new module is installed ?

Hi Biglou,

Here I have put together some important information for you: :)

Firmware:
If you have not already done so, please first check whether the current firmware (V1.10) is installed on your Tyros4 (Press "DIRECT ACCESS > DEMO button" to open the "OWNER" display. Here press "VERSION".)

If necessary, you can download the update V1.10 here and install it:
>>> https://de.yamaha.com/de/support/updates/firm_tyros4.html

"_PremiumPack" folder:
On the internal hard disk there may be a folder "_PremiumPack". Files from previously installed Premium Packs (e.g. Styles) could be located in various sub-folders of this folder. In order not to lose these files, I recommend copying the entire "_PremiumPack" folder to the computer in USB Storage Mode. Please note that Styles, Multi Pads or Registrations from this folder may not work properly if they use Premium Voices from the previously installed Packs.

I recommend connecting the T4 to the computer using a "USB type AB" cable and booting the T4 into "USB Storage Mode". To do this, hold down the "Music Finder" button and then switch on the T4. After a short time, the T4 hard disk will be displayed on the computer (Windows Explorer or Finder on a Mac) as a new "removable drive". You can now access the "_PremiumPack" folder from your computer. If there are files in it that you want to keep, copy them (or simply the entire folder) to your computer and/or to a USB stick. Now you can completely delete the folder "Expansion" on the T4 hard disk (also from your computer).

Expansion Module:
After you have installed the new expansion memory module in the T4, the module must first be formatted (under "[VOICE CREATOR]> [E] EXPANSION MODULE"). You can find the procedure in the T4 Owner's Manual on pages 108/109.

Then please go to the "Library Edit" display ("[VOICE CREATOR]> [B⁣] LIBRARY EDIT"). Check all pages (P1, P2, etc.) in all three tabs ("CUSTOM VOICE", "CUSTOM DRUM" and/or "PREMIUM"). If any Voices are displayed there, use the "DELETE" function to delete them (so that "empty" is displayed for all Voice slots). See page 27 in the manual for this.

Custom Voices:
To load new Custom Voices (.UVN/.UVD format) use the "Individual Load" function ("[VOICE CREATOR] > [D] INDIVIDUAL LOAD"). See page 31 in the manual.

To load a Custom Voice Library, use the "Library Load" function ("[VOICE CREATOR] > [A] LIBRARY LOAD"). See page 32 in the manual. Such a "library" (.UVI file) automatically loads the .UVN/.UVD files linked in it to specified custom voice and/or custom drum slots. Note that these .UVN/.UVD files must be exactly in the location specified by the Library file. (A .UVI library file can simply be opened on the computer in a text editor to see the contents.)

Example:
Here you can download the free Tyros3 Euro Pack (can be used for T3 and T4):
>>> https://de.yamaha.com/de/support/updates/euro_pack_tyros3.html

In order to install the included library "Alpenparty.T006.UVI", the unzipped folder "Voices" must be located in the "root" of the USB stick connected to the T4. Important: Only connect THIS stick so that it is recognized as the FIRST USB drive (internal drive letter "I:/")!

In order for the contained "User Style Regs" (.rgt Registration Bank files) to work, the unzipped "Styles" folder must also be located in the "root" of the USB stick.

The other two folders ("Multi Pads" and "Registrations") should also be copied to the "root" of the USB stick.

This should be enough for now. If you have any questions, just get in touch here.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 09:01:59 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Biglou#1545

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 05:53:17 PM »
 Thank you not sure if it is me or what but I downloaded the 2012 latest farmwear to a flash drive , followed all the instructions . tried to load it to my tyros and get the message that ( installer program not found ) . Haven't thrown in the towel yet but sure frustrated .

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 10:37:36 PM »
Thank you not sure if it is me or what but I downloaded the 2012 latest farmwear to a flash drive , followed all the instructions . tried to load it to my tyros and get the message that ( installer program not found ) . Haven't thrown in the towel yet but sure frustrated .

You have to unzip the downloaded zip file first. Then copy the contained .PRG file to the "root" of the USB stick (not into a folder). Then switch off the T4, press and hold the Style Start/Stop button while switching on.

After installing the new Firmware reboot the T4 and check if the correct version is shown in the Owner display.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)