Author Topic: Hooking up a helicon singer 2 to a psr 770  (Read 1902 times)

Offline connsmythe

Hooking up a helicon singer 2 to a psr 770
« on: November 07, 2021, 01:52:16 AM »
How do you hook up a psr770 to a helicon singer 2 can you go direct through the box one side keyboard the other side to a wh 20 shure mike?

Thanks

cassp

Re: Hooking up a helicon singer 2 to a psr 770
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 10:13:43 PM »
I have a MIDI M. I plug my mic into the unit then send it out on a 1/4” guitar cord to the MIC/GTR Jack on the back on the keyboard. You have to adjust the gain on both units to avoid distortion and feedback. Make sure you have the keyboard switch on MIC.

Offline overover

Re: Hooking up a helicon singer 2 to a psr 770
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 11:22:05 PM »
How do you hook up a psr770 to a helicon singer 2 can you go direct through the box one side keyboard the other side to a wh 20 shure mike?

Thanks

Hi connsmythe,

As far as I know, the TC-Helicon "Singer 2" does not have a built-in microphone for harmony recognition. Normally, a guitar is connected to this device, from whose signal the harmonies are derived. It may also work if you feed the main out or headphone signal of the PSR-S770 into the instrument input of the "Singer 2". (If you want to use the headphone output and the internal speakers at the same time, you would have to set "Headphone Switch" to "ON" in "Utility > Speaker".

To feed the microphone output signal of the "Singer 2" into the microphone input of the S770 you need the following unbalanced cable: XLR female > mono TS jack plug.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)